Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long did your pups stay in their crate?

Real Name
    Lucas
    Country
    America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tillman
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How long did your pups stay in their crate?

I only use is when necessary. If we have things out we don't want Tillman to get. Usually he is great , he is 8 months old and very obedient. He knows what he is and isn't supposed to do. Now since his testicles are dropping he is the biggest jerk and eats everything. So I use it more.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Bea and Bo have soft, squishy blankets and mattresses in their crates. The doors are always open and they will go in there to sleep --- as they always do when I'm in EBN. (The crates are right behind me, here at the computer) I used to "put them to bed" everynight (doors closed) when they were younger. I also "put them to bed" at night (doors open on crates) until this summer when it got too hot -- I felt -- to ask them in stay in there. NOW I have what could be a problem; they don't necessarily WANT to go into their beds at "night-night" time. I tried to put them in there -- to stay -- a few days ago and I left the doors open to see what would happen. Bo ended up on the couch (his favorite spot) and Bea ended up on the wool rug in my bedroom which all summer is the coolest room in the house. Last night, I did it again; I Put them to bed and left the doors open. Bo ended up in his crate snoozing away and Bea stayed on the wool rug again. I caught myself feeling "bad" about shutting the doors. This is, of course, ridicules. They love their crates and confining them only means that I am re-acquainting them with the idea of staying in their fluffy, snuggly beds ALL NIGHT.

Now that it's cooling down here - I will return to the night night in the crate routine, if for no other reason, than to confine the doggie smell to those things which I can wash easily. Everytime they get a bath, their bedding and collars go thru the washing machine too.

To top it off, if left unsupervised in the yard, Bo has developed a new habit of digging up dry dirt and then rolling in it. And I do mean ROLLING IN IT. He's BLACK when he's done. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Bulldog(s) Names
    none yet
    Likes (Received)

My dog sleeps in a crate and when we're not home she is in a crate that she loves and is her own apartment...the crate represents security and safety...it's not a punnishment!!! I will always have a crate in my home!...She could never sleep in our bedroom because I watch tv until all hours of the night...it would be too duisturbing for her....don't spoil a good thing if your dog is happy sleeping in it's crate...it's her own apartment!!..♥

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads