What - me practical? Are you kidding!

PeterPanAndWendy

Jul 27, 2011
Lindsey, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pan Cake
So yesterday I was talking to Pete and he asked when I was going to be practical. I just laughed at him.

I told him, we have a bulldog, we want another one, and when I bought a new truck in February I bought a Yukon XL with the second row captain chairs so that Pan could move freely around the cabin.... It doesn't really scream practical when it only gets 16 mpg and I work 40 miles away from work... Silly boy! :ROFL:

kayo56

Jul 11, 2012
Old Bridge, New Jersey, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet.
That sounds entirely reasonable to me, and if you're going to buy a truck for a bulldog, you might as well get another bulldog, one for each of the rear captains chairs.

I loved when my brother and sister in law came to pick up their bulldog, who had stayed with me while they were on vacation. I watched her hop into the front seat of their Mercedes sedan (not a very big one). My sister in law, nephew and his fiancee all squeezed into the back seat so Kacey could ride home in the front seat of the Mercedes, with the air conditioning ruffling her hair ever so slightly. And my brother said that none of them thought she didn't have a right to be there.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
All very reasonable to me..... I bought a Honda minivan so the pups would be comfortable and not have to jump up/down to get in and out of the car. The bullies are my kids... we just do not have soccer games or baseball tournaments to be at on weekends :D

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
That sounds entirely reasonable to me, and if you're going to buy a truck for a bulldog, you might as well get another bulldog, one for each of the rear captains chairs.

I loved when my brother and sister in law came to pick up their bulldog, who had stayed with me while they were on vacation. I watched her hop into the front seat of their Mercedes sedan (not a very big one). My sister in law, nephew and his fiancee all squeezed into the back seat so Kacey could ride home in the front seat of the Mercedes, with the air conditioning ruffling her hair ever so slightly. And my brother said that none of them thought she didn't have a right to be there.

I think we must be family. This makes PERFECT sense to me. I'm not nuts.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I think you ARE being practical!!! After all, they do have to have lots of room in the car! My hubby tried to talk me into taking his BRAND NEW Honda Pilot because he didn't love it and wanted to get a different car. I was like NO WAY! How would the pups get up into that thing? I have a Honda Odyssey and they have plenty of room to move around and be comfy.

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
Glad we aren't the only one's who are really practical, lol. We bought a 4 door truck just for this reason with an awesome passenger cabin just so our boy Bocephus is nice and comfy with his own a/c vents in the back! Bo loves his new truck and has a matching harness to match!!

thesspa

I live with 2 porkers!
Apr 10, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Glad we aren't the only one's who are really practical, lol. We bought a 4 door truck just for this reason with an awesome passenger cabin just so our boy Bocephus is nice and comfy with his own a/c vents in the back! Bo loves his new truck and has a matching harness to match!!

that is fantastic!!! just promise me you won't paint his toenails a matching color too!!!:ROFL:

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
This feed is good for a new bully owner, at least now I know what to expect when it comes time to buy a new car

OP
PeterPanAndWendy

PeterPanAndWendy

Jul 27, 2011
Lindsey, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pan Cake
Oh yeah, when we travel Pan can sleep on the floor, sit in either captains chair and look out the window, or sprawl out on the bench seat in the back. The whole thing is vented, so a/c is available throughout. And it's got running boards to help him get in and out of the car.

No he's not spoiled, not at all! :ROFL:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.