cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm fascinated by how my boys are so fixated about each other's pee after each one of them goes. Especially Finn. He just has to make such a big to-do about it whenever Tate pees; Finn will immediately go to that spot and investigate the area with his nose. Sometimes, as Tate is in the process of peeing, Finn will even stick his nose down there and try to get a whiff mid-stream! it's hilarious and makes me very curious about our dogs and their behaviors.:weird:

I was reading up about the dog's sense of smell and found some interesting facts. Here is an excerpt taken from a Dog Breeding website:

"A dog interprets the world predominantly by smell, whereas a human interprets it by sight...

When dogs smell something they are not just registering a smell, they get an entire story:

From this they can tell a lot about another dog or human including if they are male or female, what they ate, where they have been, what they have touched, if they are ready to mate, if they have recently given birth, or had a false pregnancy, and what mood they are in..."

I just wanted to share and express how much I enjoy trying to understand my two bullys more and more as time goes by. :D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It really is amazing how much they get from a smell... they are so interesting

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Molly even likes to dip her tongue in it..... Ewwww

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Punkin likes to lick there right after stiggy does the number one. Will never understand that one. Ha.

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
....daily..... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345682754.381960.jpg

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Glad my dogs are not the only ones doing this. It drives me bonkers.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Yep, dogs sniff pee, butts, bushes when on walks, etc. as it tells them who or what's been by, health, etc.

That peeing over another's pee will really ruin your grass fast, lol.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Louie has to pee on BabyGirls pee and sometimes pees on her "while" she's peeing!:bad:

I think it must be a boy thing? Bo likes to investigate Bea's pee - but I don't allow him until she's completely done and walks away. If she's interrupted, we could wait another twenty minutes while she find the PERFECT FLIPPIN SPOT to go potty. Bea doesn't pee on other dog's pee at all and in fact, will have a sniff and then kind of "gallop" away -- like she's trying to get away from it. It's pretty funny to watch. Bo on the other hand, will lift his leg -- even if nothing comes out -- on a spot where dogs tend to pee. It's ridicules. Boys. They're so silly.

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
Rook even needs to sniff his own pee spot. When we take a walk around the block, he sniffs his spot in front of the apartment where we started... Even when I know no other dog has come by since. Maybe he just needs a reminder if what he's been up to?

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

Males or females each are the same.

Dogs OK, people no way.

Good Day~

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.