What does your Bulldog sleep on in their crate?

Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
Hi all,

Lately Bongo had been digging under his crate mat and just sleeping on the hard crate floor. Is this odd the last couple days I've taken out his cushion and he's been fine sleeping just on the crate floor. I want him to be comfortable but it seems he likes to fall asleep on hard surfaces. What are you thoughts on this.

Sent from my iPhone using
Frank. D

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
mine always used blankets, but now we don't even have crates set up anymore. they will be adults soon. at 2 years old

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I have Ftse bed and a soft cushion on it in his crate but most of the time ftse just sleeps on the floor next to his bed but I put towels down on the floor over a small rug just so its not cold for him as I have ceramic tiles which get cold.

marianne

May 17, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Jenna
I started with a nice soft blanket with a rug underneath...Jenna started pulling the blankets out so I left the rug so she bunches the rug and either uses it for a pillow or just pushes it aside to sleep on the plastic floor.....every morning & night I straighten the rug to find her asleep on the plastic tray when I get her up....maybe I should give up and take the rug out but it makes me feel better

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Crate pads for my guys. You can get them at Walmart or Target, much cheaper than the pet stores and they wash up well in the washer machine. :up:

Wilson also will move his to sleep the surface. I think it's his way of staying cool. Right now though his crate is directly over a closed AC vent so it keeps him nice and cool and he doesn't push his pad away.

Don't worry if Bongo prefers the surface! :)

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Bacon was sleeping on a big bed during the winter but once it started to get warmer he was doing the same thing, pushing it out of the way, so we just have a towel in his crate now and he sleeps like a baby.

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Dublin does the same thing. In the begining it would drive me nuts as I was providing a nice soft spot to sleep but they do get so hot and that is why they push the warm soft stuff away. Living in Florida and the heat her favorite places right now are the marble floors. Flat as she can with her "Turkey Legs" sticking out the back..:lol:

Deevod

May 30, 2012
Idaho
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
We gave Lola a couple chances with a bed in her crate and she kept peeing on them so she lost it. Now she sleeps on a stuffed owl... and hasn't pottied on it yet :)

46c78332-d909-e309.jpg

Sent from my cell phone.... please disregard any spelling errors. Thank you. :)

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Gypsy does the same thing so I now just put a towel or two in there. She will usually end up pushing it to the side. Gator has an ortho bed and he sleeps on it just fine. I would worry about it at all.

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
Rook is the same. We have a couple of towels that we use in the crate... I always lay them out all nice, so he has something soft to lay on. Rook always balls them up, uses them as a pillow and sleeps on the plastic crate floor. In general he seems to prefer laying on harder surfaces and I think he stays cooler that way.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
bunched up crate pad, blankets and toys!!!

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Jack sleeps on the plastic crate tray inside his cage. YEAH there I said it.. CAGE !!! :rofl:

And what's funny is that he digs and claws at it as if trying to bundle it up...
I've always wondered why he does that. Whenever he does it im usually already in bed and Im too lazy to get up to ask him why...

redhed

Jun 22, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sancho
We have a couple of blankets that we rotate every couple of days. Usually, Sancho will bunch it up on one side of the crate and sleep on the other side. We keep it in there more for our peace of mind, I think, since we like the home a tad bit cold at night and we worry he will be too cold. I'm sure if it was up to him he'd just ditch the blanket altogether, though.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online