A Nervous Wreck!!!

Miasmomma

Jul 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia
While I am super excited about a vacation( haven't had one in 2 years) I am also very nervous. We will be boarding Mia tomorrow. Terrifying... and on top of that she had to get that stupid Bordatella shot today. The poor thing has has a runny nose, no appetite, and slept all day long. This is her first time away from us and I feel it won't be easy. You should see her bag... it's like I'm dropping off a kid... A kid with allergies. I am scared to death they will forget her benadryl or won't wipe her paws after outside play time. Also a big worry, they don't 24 hour care. It's a 7 to 7 place.

Signed,
Worried SICK

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Hope it goes well. I can understand the nerves though.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Try to relax...it is a VACATION after all!! Just be sure to call so that you can calm your nerves. Also don't forget to remind them that he can't be out to play in the heat too long if it is warm. I bet he will be fine :)

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
We have to board Bacon in the fall for a long weekend and I'm not looking forward to it either..........Good Luck and enjoy your vacation.

gracoliv

Jan 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie and Oliver
This also worries me ALOT !, I am going to the Cayman Islands in October, I should be happy, but I am already worried about my pups; I only board at places that DO NOT crate/kennel at all; Its more expensive but I like it. You can ask that they be crated, but you have to bring the crate as they dont have any. Its called dogs at camp, and they watch them the first day, to see how they are playing and getting along and are divided into little mini packs for a group sleep at night in a large clean 'stall' type area.

OP
M

Miasmomma

Jul 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia
Home sweet home!! Mia did great according to everyone there. I was however a little pissed when I got there and was told she wasn't in the 10x16 we paid for, but had been placed in a crate because they had other dogs arriving. I paid til 5pm and we show up and noon and she is in a flippin crate!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Home sweet home!! Mia did great according to everyone there. I was however a little pissed when I got there and was told she wasn't in the 10x16 we paid for, but had been placed in a crate because they had other dogs arriving. I paid til 5pm and we show up and noon and she is in a flippin crate!!!

Did they give you a refund for what you paid for? How is she now since you are at home?

OP
M

Miasmomma

Jul 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia
We didn't get a refund but they knew before I left that I was not happy. She seemed to be ok though. She was in the grooming center with them vs out in the kennel with the other dogs. She sure was excited to get home though. Went straight to our bed and was out like a light.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I am glad that it seems to have gone well. How was your vacation?

gracoliv

Jan 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie and Oliver
Thats exactly why I don't take them to places that crate/kennel. They tell you one thing, but you really have no idea whats going on.

OP
M

Miasmomma

Jul 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia
Vacation was way too short but awesome... Options are really limited around here for boarding. I wanted to have someone stay at the house with her, but she is still pretty destructive if you don't have a constant eye on her. Almost a week has passed now and other than a few accidents she seems like her normal self. True test will be when she goes back for grooming. She has always been so excited to see them. Let 's hope that hasn't changed

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
i'm flying my younger brother into toronto for a couple weeks while hubby and i go to belgium for a few days (me longer for a conference). that's how much i didn't want to board lola. she's such a homebody....so shy

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.