Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crate accidents

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Crate accidents

Buying canned pumpkin tonight and no more slimy poo. I think she is drinking enough. Usually during meals and not as much in between. I tried giving her gatorade but she does not like it.
    The vet wants to keep her on Flagyl and bland diet untill her poo is firm. I think we will follow that but add the canned pumpkin.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

I swithed Bacon last Tuesday to boiled ground beef and rice. I also added canned pumpkin (tbsp) for each meal since Friday afternoon. Though her poop is formed, it is still very soft. I am imagining that this cant be normal. Would appreciate any thoughts and recommendation.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Loves Bacon View Post
    I swithed Bacon last Tuesday to boiled ground beef and rice. I also added canned pumpkin (tbsp) for each meal since Friday afternoon. Though her poop is formed, it is still very soft. I am imagining that this cant be normal. Would appreciate any thoughts and recommendation.
    your pet is on medication? might be why to is still not like you would like it. sometimes antibiotics will cause soft from what i understand. might see how he is when he is off the meds.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

She finished her 10 day prescription of Flagyl/Metronidazole last Thursday but her poop got much softer and slimy. We added the canned pumpkin last Friday evening, her poop formed again but still really soft. Taking her to the Vet today for her second shot and hopefully they can do somehthing for her. I am afraid to switch her to dog food until we figure out how to make her stool more firm.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Loves Bacon View Post
    She finished her 10 day prescription of Flagyl/Metronidazole last Thursday but her poop got much softer and slimy. We added the canned pumpkin last Friday evening, her poop formed again but still really soft. Taking her to the Vet today for her second shot and hopefully they can do somehthing for her. I am afraid to switch her to dog food until we figure out how to make her stool more firm.
    oh well being a pup might be best to get him looked at see why its not better now especially if he was on meds for something. can make sure whatever is was is cleared up. keep us updated.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Will do, planning on bringing some fecal sample if she goes between now and her appointment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads