Puppy Food Switch

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
We're almost done with transitioning from Eukanuba to Fromm Beef Fritatta. It seems like she's not eating as much as she was before the Fromm..also she doesn't seem 100% interested in food other then dinnertime. Her eyes also have been a little more bloodshot then usual, not sure if that's food related. Her :poo:'s have been great since the switch though. I hate to have to switch her again...but I'm not sure what to do? Her breeder uses Taste of the Wild Salmon/Potato and I saw they have a puppy version...does anyone have any suggestions?

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I would stick with the Fromm for a couple weeks as it may take some time for her body to adjust....Try adding some plain yogurt about 1 tbsp to entice her to want to eat it! Brutus loves the Fromm Beef :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
She won't eat or need as much Fromm since their is not much fillers... Give it a few weeks to see how she adjusts.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

ham3381

Jul 7, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
We're almost done with transitioning from Eukanuba to Fromm Beef Fritatta. It seems like she's not eating as much as she was before the Fromm..also she doesn't seem 100% interested in food other then dinnertime. Her eyes also have been a little more bloodshot then usual, not sure if that's food related. Her :poo:'s have been great since the switch though. I hate to have to switch her again...but I'm not sure what to do? Her breeder uses Taste of the Wild Salmon/Potato and I saw they have a puppy version...does anyone have any suggestions?

I did the Same switch from Eukanuba, although I switched to Wellness 5star, Then Switched to Fromm Beef Fritata..Max is four Months I was feeding him 3 times a day prior to Fromm..Now he eats twice a day. I couldnt be happier with the switch, he's the healthiest he's been since i Bought him at 2 months. i dont have the red eye issue though

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
We did the switch from taste of the wild to fromm and Bacon will occasionally get lazy with eating, if we add a little water, olive oil, or yogurt he devours it. With regard to the red eyes we didn't have any issues with that, he will get a little blood shot when he is playing hard but then they go back to normal after a few minutes.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I would certainly stay on the Fromm for at least 6 weeks so that your baby can adjust. They don't need to eat as much of the Fromm because there are less useless fillers and they use much more of the food (which also means less POOP!). If she doesn't want to eat, just do as suggested and add fat free plain yogurt (just a dollop) or a tsp of coconut oil or even a little water. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!

She is adorable BTW!

OP
mdn525

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
So, I'm thinking the Fromm might have something to do with the bloodshot eyes. This morning we woke up, went potty then got breakfast ready. Her eyes were nice and clear...then I feed her (she barely ate) and eyes were bloodshot again! Ugh! Has anyone tried the TOTW Pacific Stream Puppy? I'm wondering if Fromm is too rich for her or there's something that's not agreeing.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
[MENTION=5602]mdn525[/MENTION], honestly, I am not sure that is the food. Do they stay red all day? Could it be excitement that she is eating (these guys love food)? Did she go out and go potty and it could be environmental? Try wiping her eye are and face with a damp cloth when you come in from outside and see how that goes for a few days.

I wouldn't be too quick to jump to a new food. It can really mess up her tummy. I wouldn't switch this fast unless it was a serious reaction like hives or hotspots or something. I would try wiping her face after outdoor time (even just potty breaks) and notice if she is excited or not when it happens.

This is totally just my opinion and it is really up to you and I am sure you will choose the best for her.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.