Cheerios as treats?

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello and Welcome.

I would say no.

As a bullie owner for many years, what I have learned is that Bullies are highly allergic to grain. Cheerios = grain

No-grain treat are best. Also frozen green beans or limited on baby carrots (due to high sugar count).

G'Day~

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I've often wondered the same thing. Cereal is cheap compared to dog treats but they are "grain" foods, so if you are feeding grain free then cereal wouldn't be a good option. We give our dog a couple of pieces of his regular food potty/training treats. He is just a happy with that as other treats and I know it is good for him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapata

Last edited:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Not in my opinion. If I don't have anything else in the house I give some cheese. Normally I cook and cut pigs tongue or chicken gizzards.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I use frozen green beans, I also use his kibble for treats as well!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
If your bully has no allergy to grain yes they r safe. Maybe not the best treat but not bad either. Lord knows my pups get lots of Cheerios having little girls who leave a trail behind them. Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
My guys get pieces of their kibble for treats, especially for training treats that's all I use. I keep a little dish out and just fill it with their kibble so I have it handy. :up:

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
I use broccoli and grain free treats as well as his kibble. I also will peel apples and he devours them.....(if you do give apples remember the seeds are poisonous)

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Good answers above. I know my Basset will suck them up not too good for bullies.

OP
A

Amnesia

Jul 2, 2012
Wisconsin
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Emmett
Thanks, that's what I was thinking. Our guys do love the carrots, but we keep that to a very small amount. Frozen green beans?! Uncooked?

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Thanks, that's what I was thinking. Our guys do love the carrots, but we keep that to a very small amount. Frozen green beans?! Uncooked?

YES!!! My bullies will eat them still frozen! I also give frozen peas (they love those) and frozen blueberries. I use a salmon oil pill for a treat too. The brand I use, has beef as an ingredient in the gelatin around the capsule and all I have to do is take one out of the bottle and hand it to them and they eat it. I don't have to puncture it or squeeze it on their food or anything. They all love those things.

OP
A

Amnesia

Jul 2, 2012
Wisconsin
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Emmett
Yes, same here. Our younger Bullie absolutely loves apples, too. We use broccoli, etc. as a part of their kibble as well. Thanks.:)

I use broccoli and grain free treats as well as his kibble. I also will peel apples and he devours them.....(if you do give apples remember the seeds are poisonous)

OP
A

Amnesia

Jul 2, 2012
Wisconsin
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Emmett
Thanks, I suspected that but just wasn't sure. I had noticed a neighbor walking her dog, a small beagle, with a bag of Cheerios and thought it was such an easy and inexpensive way to have a low cal treat. We'll stay away from the grains!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.