soft palate surgery?

Jenni

Jul 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Audrey and Ruger
Any of your bullies had soft palate surgery ? Advice prognosis ?
Thank you all

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Any of your bullies had soft palate surgery ? Advice prognosis ?
Thank you all

Jenni if you search on any of my threads or posts unde Dublin, I have more than enough information on soft Palate surgery to write my own book:yes: She has had two surgeries. Done right the prognosis is great. Can you give a little more information??

OP
Jenni

Jenni

Jul 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Audrey and Ruger
Audrey had to have soft palate and nostril surgery and did fantastic, but she is a very small bulldog. When Ruger had cherry eye my vet(lots of EB experience raised them once) checked length of palate and said if we noticed issues to schedule surgery. He gas started breathing like a fish and when he sleeps he props top jaw and teeth on something it is so sad. I scheduled him for this Friday and I am worried because he has such a huge head and jowls ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345559120.542654.jpg- Audrey

Ruger:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345559165.655128.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345559226.563968.jpg
Thanks

OP
Jenni

Jenni

Jul 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Audrey and Ruger
How do I search treads

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Miila had it done along with cherry eye and spaying and she did great. Was an easy surgery for her of the 3 and when she came home I was shocked she was able to eat reg kibble right away even.

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,
While I have not had any of my 7 Bullies needing that surgery, it is a common enough surgery.

But make sure you use a vet that specializes in Bullies! Recovery is very quick and no post problems.

Keep us posted,

G'Day~

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
How do I search treads

If you go to the top of the page on the right hand side, you will see "Advanced Search" Just type in Dublin or Dubbie and it will give you all of my posts. Unfortuantely "all" of them. I don't know an easier way. I'm sure there are many on here who do... First, all bullies are different as we already know. Dublin had her first palate surgery at 12 months because her breathing was so bad as was her sleep apnea. Vet discovered at that time that she had a very tiny trachea. Undersized tracheas common in bullies but her's is the size of a Pug's ( that we found out on her second surgery) This complicated the whole procedure and her recovery both times very difficult because of the swelling that occurs after the surgery. This cannot be fixed and we have to deal with that but both Palate surgeries were a huge success and the difference it has made to her quality of life is incredible. She will never have the "best"breathing but that is due to her trachea and not her palate. It was so awful to watch her before and I know we wouldnt' do anything different. If you have faith in your vet ( which it sounds like you do) then you will be giving Ruger a better, healthier life. Good luck and I am sure he will do perfectly fine. Keep us updated.

OP
Jenni

Jenni

Jul 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Audrey and Ruger
Thank you everyone!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
[MENTION=5438]Jenni[/MENTION], search Dublin palate surgery and see what pops up. My mom's bully had it and she had no issues post surgery. She wanted and was able to eat kibble very quickly.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Nitschke had to have the pallet reduction, nostrils, and two other things in his throat done at the same time.... he was in the hospital for two days, but was great within 24 hours of being home. Eating and drinking normal.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.