Crazy Bully Puppy!?

JollyDoc

Jul 16, 2012
Alabama
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy, Peaches, Oliver, Hank and Louie
We just adopted two bully pups, Hank and Louie, who just turned 10 weeks old. They are loveable hellions, and gnaw anything that comes their way. We have found that yelping and pulling back, helps, as does bitter apple spray on our hands. Also, our trainer rec. using a squirt water bottle, which works wonders. Don't say anything when you spray, just do it. It makes them think that the action provokes water, and they stop.

TonkaTruck28

Mar 19, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
We have just started using the coins in a can tactic. Put them in there and shake it when she does something you disagree with. It seems to be working well for Tonka, it's really the only thing that distracts him.

BIJAH

May 28, 2012
San Jose CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ari Gold
The same story happened to me. Raising a puppy comes with the battle scars as well. My Ari at 4 months has gotten the picture already. So he only has those accidental bites when we are playing and it isn't the hard chomping bites anymore.

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
Sounds like you have your own jaws on paws. Mila (Jaws on paws 2) Is about 17 weeks and is starting to get over the biting thing. Rudy is helping train her. She is deaf so me, the wife and poor Rudy yelping doesn't help. I use redirection or a quick (not hard) pinch on her behind to help Remind her that biting is not acceptable. Keep working at it, you will find what works for you. Bulldogs are a lot of work but well worth the effort.

Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345710277.762565.jpg
This is what Bongo did to my nose. He was 9 weeks old when he did this vicious shark puppy teeth. He was a chomper from what I've read that's what they do. What I did to eventually stop it was I found his favorite chewing thing next to my face. When he started chewing my hand or foot I would switch it with that and Intice him and wrestle him with that instead. Proud to say now at 7months he doesn't bite anymore just kisses.

Sent from my iPhone using
Frank. D

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
[MENTION=4518]Fbjdd[/MENTION] your nose looks like what Mila did to my ear. Hurt for weeks. I have learned to keep ears ans nose away from her.

midatlanticpower

Mar 30, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Snow
Your puppy sounds exactly like our puppy. Ours is almost 5 months old now and has been nipping since day 1 too. Sometimes it really hurt. Fortunately, she has been losing the baby teeth but also I think she is finally starting to catch on that its NOT ok to bite us. Good luck - glad to see that I am not the only one. My husband and I joke because we thought we were getting a lazy dog that is a snuggle bug. This girl (Coco) is a heathen that is really energetic!!

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
Mr. Bocephus is 20 months and still has his moments when he would rather chew on us than his toys lol, especially at bedtime. Making sure he has appropriate toys to chew on has really turned him around since the beginning when we were blessed with him at his 15 week birthday. He sleeps with us, and I am pretty sure he believes our king size bed is his own personal trampoline like play lair where love bites (what we have named them) are ok to no avail!!! The only thing we have found that works is just ignoring him completely... we put him in bed, if he starts doing his "oh yea it's bedtime crazy boy circles marathon" we just walk away and he stops pretty much immediately!! Your little sweet baby will stop soon, just give her lots of love until then!!

OP
hnhammond

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
Thank you all for the support and ideas!!! It makes me feel soooo relieved that all of your puppies were the same way - I was so worried it was a permanent issue! It just is getting worse, regardless of all the techniques. Yesterday she bit my face (thankfully didn't break skin, but OUCH!), and today, I picked her up to put her in time-out when she got too rough and she growled and snapped at my face and neck! Awful!

I THANKFULLY found a puppy training class at the local Petsmart that is JUST for puppies around 10wks old with first round of vaccines!!! Yayy! We start next week and the trainer assures me that she'll be well behaved in no time, so here's hoping!

OP
hnhammond

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
Sounds like you have your own jaws on paws. Mila (Jaws on paws 2) Is about 17 weeks and is starting to get over the biting thing. Rudy is helping train her. She is deaf so me, the wife and poor Rudy yelping doesn't help. I use redirection or a quick (not hard) pinch on her behind to help Remind her that biting is not acceptable. Keep working at it, you will find what works for you. Bulldogs are a lot of work but well worth the effort.

Jaws with Paws!! :lmao:

That is HILARIOUS, I'm going to call her that from now on. It is just TOO true.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.