BullDog Smell

LoveMyBully82

Aug 30, 2011
Houston, Texas, United States
We bathe Jackson every 1-2 weeks with Malaseb shampoo followed by Oatmeal shampoo and he usually stays smelling good until his next bath. Sometimes I notice his breath stinks and therefore so does his saliva, so I try to brush his teeth like every other day. Too keep the house smelling good we vacuum 1-2 times a week and burn candles (I LOVE Yankee candles). Most people that come to my house tell me "you can't even tell you have a dog until you see/hear him". That's how I like it!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
We bath Ftse with malaseb medicated shampoo and have a oatmeal moisturiser which rubs in when they are dry and if he develops a smell we just use the moisturiser and he fluffs up and smells so nice, I was all his bedding 1 -2 times a week and steam clean the floors each week but I wipe Ftse face and creases each day ater dinner.
and I always open my windows for the fresh air to blow in.

Jenni

Jul 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Audrey and Ruger
Food is #1. but we have noticed that the bullie tail(we call the trap door) can get feces on when pooping so we put some disposable gloves and get the baby wipes out at least twice a day! I know it's gross
Good luck and welcome

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
Beefy use to have an odd smell. After switching him to a raw diet the smell went away. He actually hasn't had a bath in over 2 months.

redhed

Jun 22, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sancho
Sancho has a weird smell, too. Not bad, but not good, either. Just a "smell." We bathe him1-2x/week because I have pretty bad allergies. Since we've started doing that, his skin issues (mild allergic hot spots) have improved dramatically, though that may have to do with the fact that we took all wheat out of his diet. We are thinking of switching to Fromm for overall health reasons, and I hope that helps with the funny smell, too.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
HRH smelled like a dog when she came here eating Bil Jac. Fromm Beef Frittata fixed her right up. Even her :poo: isn't as obnoxious. We tried switching her food recently to a highly rated grain free to offer a protien switch.it did not agree with her and the smell came back plus she had more tear stains and softer :poo:

She is now back on the Fromm.

BoneHat

Jan 2, 2012
Los Angeles (Glendale)
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergie
We had the same problem when we rehomed Fergie. Sometimes she was just smelly and a bath would only work for a few days. We researched the food she was eating and it turned out to be crap so we changed her food to grain free (Fromm) and OMG, it made such a difference. Her coat is shiny and healthy and she no longer smelled. She could go a lot longer without a bath now too. We saw the difference right away. Good luck!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.