I am adopting from Lonestar Rescue-so very excited

OP
P

pamela

May 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma and Annie
Annie had her first bathe today. Foster mom said she was not nervous or scared, actually seemed to enjoy the touching and rubbing. Getting better and better on leash. I have to go out of town this weekend, but I am going by to meet her for the first time before I go out of town. I miss her each day, hate having to wait 2 more weeks to get her home, but I know that she is growing stronger and getting more secure each day.
pamela

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Annie had her first bathe today. Foster mom said she was not nervous or scared, actually seemed to enjoy the touching and rubbing. Getting better and better on leash. I have to go out of town this weekend, but I am going by to meet her for the first time before I go out of town. I miss her each day, hate having to wait 2 more weeks to get her home, but I know that she is growing stronger and getting more secure each day.
pamela

Let us know how your first meeting goes!!! And give her a hug from all of us.

OP
P

pamela

May 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma and Annie
update on Annie: I met her for the first time Friday. The most I was hoping for was for her to take the treat from my hand, and allow me to pet her just a little. What a wonderful surprise I got. She walked in, looked at me, studying me, and came right over and nuzzled up to me. She wanted the petting and turned around for me to scratch the butt, which I did gladly. She loved her toy I gave her, and of course, the treats went a long way. She held that sweet little face up and allowed me to give her nose kisses. She was playful and loving. Thanks to her foster mom, she has come a long way.
Still working on her sleeping on a bed instead of the crate, but she is quite a character. Can not wait to get her home. Also, she is now allowing men to pet her and is even a little playfull with men.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Way to go Annie! You will be in your forever home in no time :heart: Cananot wait to see pictures of you together and hear all the stories..

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
How good it is that dogs live in the moment and she can be a happy girl from now on:heart:

OP
P

pamela

May 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma and Annie
I am bringing my annie come this Saturday. She is improving on a daily basis, thanks to foster mom. She plays, is getting into things, curious and michevious, potty trained and is walking on a leash, sometimes. She has a mind of her own. And she is greeting people now and wants to be petted.
Since I already have a female bullie, I went to professionals to get information and help in helping my 2 girls start and have a great relationship and develop into sisters. I also have another female bullie right down the street from me who is my bullie, Emma, natural born sister. So we want all 3 girls to play together, so i am trying to do it right.
any advice I can get here is welcomed. I am all ears.
Pamela

OP
P

pamela

May 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma and Annie
UPDATE ON ANNIE
I have had her 3 weeks now, and what a survivor she is. She is doing even better than I expected. My first bullie has taken on the role of big sister, and doing a great job. Annie now uses the doggie dog all the time, no accidents in the house, stopped marking her bed, and she stopped using her crate, on her own, she likes her bed. She has learn to walk on leash, (still little nervous about walking out of the yard- but doing it)is learning doggie manners and dog habits. She now plays games in the yard and has learned to enjoy the yard. She is very loving and smart. Likes to play with her new adopted sisters and is now going to doggie daycare 3 times a week. She loves people to pet her and not scare of them. Really seems to love being in the family unit and settling in.
We still have some training to do, but we love her and she is amazing, as is my existing bullie, Emma, who took it upon herself, to teach Annie everything. I do not even know why we were here. My husband and I have been in total amazement of both of our girls.
thank you for all the support I got.
pamela

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
UPDATE ON ANNIE
I have had her 3 weeks now, and what a survivor she is. She is doing even better than I expected. My first bullie has taken on the role of big sister, and doing a great job. Annie now uses the doggie dog all the time, no accidents in the house, stopped marking her bed, and she stopped using her crate, on her own, she likes her bed. She has learn to walk on leash, (still little nervous about walking out of the yard- but doing it)is learning doggie manners and dog habits. She now plays games in the yard and has learned to enjoy the yard. She is very loving and smart. Likes to play with her new adopted sisters and is now going to doggie daycare 3 times a week. She loves people to pet her and not scare of them. Really seems to love being in the family unit and settling in.
We still have some training to do, but we love her and she is amazing, as is my existing bullie, Emma, who took it upon herself, to teach Annie everything. I do not even know why we were here. My husband and I have been in total amazement of both of our girls.
pamela

That is wonderful Pamela!!! So glad she is fitting right in!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
UPDATE ON ANNIE
pamela

I'm late to this (sorry) but I am SO happy that she is fitting in so well. What a story she has. What a savior she has! But umm... there's a problem Miss Pamela....

still not seeing any pictures :photo::bigeyes2:

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
So happy things are going good! Only gonna get better :) thank you for giving him a great new life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
P

pamela

May 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma and Annie
I know, I have pictures, , got to figure out how to get them here. Yesterday, Annie and Emma (my first bullie) and Daddy were outside playing a game. Annie joined right in, and ran and had a great time. And to think a couple of months ago, she was terrified of men, now that is her Daddy.
will work on pictures. She is going to daycare/school 3 morning a week, and I have one with her pink lunchbox. Going there, has really helped her to learn to have fun outside.

Most Reactions