I am adopting from Lonestar Rescue-so very excited

Lily122511

Mar 3, 2012
Westchester, New York, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
I dont think so, but website Lonestar, her former name Piper. But I have seen recent pictures and she looks sooo much better now. She is now, coming out of her crate and staying out by herself, and has learned to potty outside and exploring the yard. The foster mother is doing wonders with her.

I was just reading about Piper today! Her story broke my heart!
I am so happy to hear that she has found a wonderful loving home!!
Congrats and bless you for being such a awesome person!!!
I wish you all the best of luck!!!

OP
P

pamela

May 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma and Annie
Update on Annie
she is pretty much potty trained, loves the outside, learning to walk on leash, made a friend at foster home, loves to play, and is mischevious. She is discovering what she missed as a puppy. What a girl!!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
She is a beautiful girl. Boy she doesn't know what is coming! What a good life she will have!

marianne

May 17, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Jenna
I also adopted a puppy mill rescue...jenna is 3...I've had her now for about 4 months...she's great..she's pretty much housebroken, does walk well enough on a leash that my 3 yr grandson can walk her...we are doing private obedience training that's going well...the trainer says she doing well and she's so confident now that he would have never guessed she was a rescue...she has found her puppy hood and is into any and everything...loves the grandkids...she's actually a toddler in fur...i'm proud of both of us...she came to me with missing fur, sores...she was bred so much you can see the scars over her belly from the c-sections and her boobies were dragging the ground according to the rescue they used her to feed other dog's pups also so she never really had her milk dry up...wish i took a now & then photo she was so sad...she's getting her sexy back...i think does walk with more pride...just struts along wiggling that little butt with her head held high....it's been a short time but don't know what i did without her

OP
P

pamela

May 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma and Annie
Update on Annie- I get updates from her foster home each day. I will be picking her up in 2 weeks, as I will be out of town, until then. Annie is loving life. She plays with other bullies, hides their toys in her crate, has become potty train, with very few accidents, plays with toys, and is learning to walk on a leash. Walking on the leash does not scare her, it is cars, and the unknows of different area, etc. I have been thru training with my other little girl, so offered some training techniques. She is very mechivious, nothing is holding this girl back. Just a few weeks ago, she would not come out of her crate, foster mom said she had never seen such a broken spirit. She is smart and beautiful, and everyday she is growing and living. What spirit.
Can not wait to get my Anna home.
pamela

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
I also adopted a puppy mill rescue...jenna is 3...I've had her now for about 4 months...she's great..she's pretty much housebroken, does walk well enough on a leash that my 3 yr grandson can walk her...we are doing private obedience training that's going well...the trainer says she doing well and she's so confident now that he would have never guessed she was a rescue...she has found her puppy hood and is into any and everything...loves the grandkids...she's actually a toddler in fur...i'm proud of both of us...she came to me with missing fur, sores...she was bred so much you can see the scars over her belly from the c-sections and her boobies were dragging the ground according to the rescue they used her to feed other dog's pups also so she never really had her milk dry up...wish i took a now & then photo she was so sad...she's getting her sexy back...i think does walk with more pride...just struts along wiggling that little butt with her head held high....it's been a short time but don't know what i did without her

Such a great story!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Pamela, I'm so happy for you, and for Annie! I just read her story and it made me quite teary-eyed. Thank you for opening your life, heart, and home to Annie.

OP
P

pamela

May 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma and Annie
It just breaks my heart, and makes me so angry at the person that did this to these sweet babies. Thank goodness that a kind soul, talked the person into letting them have Annie, as she could not have anymore babies, so he was going to shoot her.
I am surprised at how she is bounding back so quickly. She has a new sister waiting at home for her, and I think that will help her as well. When she is ready, I am going to take her doggie daycare with my other little girl a couple times a week, I think that will be helpful, and also training. But when she is ready. I just want her to feel safe, play and be happy.
The things I would like to do to this person, if I could.
Annie is 4 and my Emma at home is almost 3. But both are playful, smart and mischivious, so they should keep their new mom and Dad on their toes.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Oh pamela! I thought you were still in the process of adopting her! Seeing that you've been given the ok makes my heart melt. You are so wonderful. :hug:

Can't wait till we hear that she's finally in your home causing as much trouble as she possibly can with her new sister!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Looking forward to pics and stories once you have her home!

Members online

No members online now.