Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I am adopting from Lonestar Rescue-so very excited

Kennel Cleaner
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma and Annie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I am adopting from Lonestar Rescue-so very excited

Update on Annie- I get updates from her foster home each day. I will be picking her up in 2 weeks, as I will be out of town, until then. Annie is loving life. She plays with other bullies, hides their toys in her crate, has become potty train, with very few accidents, plays with toys, and is learning to walk on a leash. Walking on the leash does not scare her, it is cars, and the unknows of different area, etc. I have been thru training with my other little girl, so offered some training techniques. She is very mechivious, nothing is holding this girl back. Just a few weeks ago, she would not come out of her crate, foster mom said she had never seen such a broken spirit. She is smart and beautiful, and everyday she is growing and living. What spirit.
    Can not wait to get my Anna home.
    pamela

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn, but maybe my login name gave it away...lol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by marianne View Post
    I also adopted a puppy mill rescue...jenna is 3...I've had her now for about 4 months...she's great..she's pretty much housebroken, does walk well enough on a leash that my 3 yr grandson can walk her...we are doing private obedience training that's going well...the trainer says she doing well and she's so confident now that he would have never guessed she was a rescue...she has found her puppy hood and is into any and everything...loves the grandkids...she's actually a toddler in fur...i'm proud of both of us...she came to me with missing fur, sores...she was bred so much you can see the scars over her belly from the c-sections and her boobies were dragging the ground according to the rescue they used her to feed other dog's pups also so she never really had her milk dry up...wish i took a now & then photo she was so sad...she's getting her sexy back...i think does walk with more pride...just struts along wiggling that little butt with her head held high....it's been a short time but don't know what i did without her
    Such a great story!
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Pamela, I'm so happy for you, and for Annie! I just read her story and it made me quite teary-eyed. Thank you for opening your life, heart, and home to Annie.

Kennel Cleaner
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma and Annie
    Likes (Received)

It just breaks my heart, and makes me so angry at the person that did this to these sweet babies. Thank goodness that a kind soul, talked the person into letting them have Annie, as she could not have anymore babies, so he was going to shoot her.
    I am surprised at how she is bounding back so quickly. She has a new sister waiting at home for her, and I think that will help her as well. When she is ready, I am going to take her doggie daycare with my other little girl a couple times a week, I think that will be helpful, and also training. But when she is ready. I just want her to feel safe, play and be happy.
    The things I would like to do to this person, if I could.
    Annie is 4 and my Emma at home is almost 3. But both are playful, smart and mischivious, so they should keep their new mom and Dad on their toes.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Oh pamela! I thought you were still in the process of adopting her! Seeing that you've been given the ok makes my heart melt. You are so wonderful.

Can't wait till we hear that she's finally in your home causing as much trouble as she possibly can with her new sister!
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Looking forward to pics and stories once you have her home!

Kennel Cleaner
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma and Annie
    Likes (Received)

Annie had her first bathe today. Foster mom said she was not nervous or scared, actually seemed to enjoy the touching and rubbing. Getting better and better on leash. I have to go out of town this weekend, but I am going by to meet her for the first time before I go out of town. I miss her each day, hate having to wait 2 more weeks to get her home, but I know that she is growing stronger and getting more secure each day.
    pamela

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pamela View Post
    Annie had her first bathe today. Foster mom said she was not nervous or scared, actually seemed to enjoy the touching and rubbing. Getting better and better on leash. I have to go out of town this weekend, but I am going by to meet her for the first time before I go out of town. I miss her each day, hate having to wait 2 more weeks to get her home, but I know that she is growing stronger and getting more secure each day.
    pamela
    Let us know how your first meeting goes!!! And give her a hug from all of us.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Can't wait to see pics of you and her together.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Kennel Cleaner
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma and Annie
    Likes (Received)

update on Annie: I met her for the first time Friday. The most I was hoping for was for her to take the treat from my hand, and allow me to pet her just a little. What a wonderful surprise I got. She walked in, looked at me, studying me, and came right over and nuzzled up to me. She wanted the petting and turned around for me to scratch the butt, which I did gladly. She loved her toy I gave her, and of course, the treats went a long way. She held that sweet little face up and allowed me to give her nose kisses. She was playful and loving. Thanks to her foster mom, she has come a long way.
    Still working on her sleeping on a bed instead of the crate, but she is quite a character. Can not wait to get her home. Also, she is now allowing men to pet her and is even a little playfull with men.

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Way to go Annie! You will be in your forever home in no time Cananot wait to see pictures of you together and hear all the stories..
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

How good it is that dogs live in the moment and she can be a happy girl from now on

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads