Tubs' first therapy visit!!

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Last night was finally had Tubs' first therapy visit. We live near a rehab facility and we went to visit the inpatients there. Tubs was fantastic. EVERYONE loved him and were so happy that he was there! 15 minutes into his session the coordinator asked how often we wanted to come visit! They were also excited to find out that it was Tubs' first visit! He put smiles on so many faces last night! We scheduled to go back 2 times a month for the next 2 months. The rehab facility is connected to the hospital here, so the rehab coordinators are going to also put us in touch with the proper connections to see if we can go visit the pediatric unit....all their suggestions!!!! They even asked if they could take our picture and put us in touch with their PR person so they can include us in an article on Pet Therapy!!!! I am so happy and blessed Tubs found his way to our family. What a wonderful experience having such a wonderful addition to our family that we get to enjoy each and every day and then to also have him touch so many other lives to brighten their day a little!:luv::luv:

The pictures I have attached are of Tubs and Mommy waiting for the patients to come down from their rooms to visit and the second one is of Tubs getting closer to a patient who could not leave his bed.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 101
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 93

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
That is wonderful! Mack used to visit patients in the hospital and in the nursing home. He would sit in a chair right next to the bed and get on the bed if the patient wanted him to! Bulldogs make everyone smile!

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
That is wonderful! Mack used to visit patients in the hospital and in the nursing home. He would sit in a chair right next to the bed and get on the bed if the patient wanted him to! Bulldogs make everyone smile!

That is a good idea!! I will put Tubs up on the chair next time. I was having a hard time getting him close enough to those who were in the bed and couldn't sit forward to pet him!

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Oliver sits in the chair or I put him on the bed! Usually it's the kids who want him on the bed and don't even hesitate. Some of the older patients start out with him in the chair and before the visit is over he's snuggling in their bed with them!

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
it's a great thing you are doing...Tubs is healing people's spirits...good work!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Oh how wonderful!!!!! I am so happy to see Tubs (and momma) doing such good work.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
That is too cool, way to go Tubs.

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
That is awesome!!! It's amazing how a pet visit can light up the faces of people. Aubie loves going to work with me (assisted living) because she gets so much love and attention. The residents always ask when she's coming back and they are so thrilled when she walks in the door. You are doing a great thing with Tubs, and I know he's loving it too!

Deevod

May 30, 2012
Idaho
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Oh my! This is super awesome!

Sent from my cell phone.... please disregard any spelling errors. Thank you. :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.