Someone is getting spoiled...

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
So, I've been adding a little water and warming up Tuni's food...now she won't eat it unless its soft and warm! She'll look at me and swing her head like "no way"...little Ms. Attitude. Did anyone else moisten their puppies food and if so how long did you do it for? She is 10 weeks today! :)

SENSEI

Aug 4, 2012
Coachella Valley, California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella & Tyke the Frenchie
We used to add water to soften Bella's food. I think we slowly added less water around 3 and a half months. She just dove right in. She will eat anything at anytime. 10 weeks is still very young. Maybe you could try gradually adding less water to her food.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Brutus eats his food dry! His dinner yogurt softens it some but not much!

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
So, I've been adding a little water and warming up Tuni's food...now she won't eat it unless its soft and warm! She'll look at me and swing her head like "no way"...little Ms. Attitude. Did anyone else moisten their puppies food and if so how long did you do it for? She is 10 weeks today! :)

Oh oh! what's that old saying " begin the way you mean to carrry on" I think that was about marriage:laugh: but it applies here also. I tried the water with Dublin but thankfully she hated it that way. I thought I was being a "nice mommy" Then I made the big mistake of adding a little of this and that to her Kibble and now she won't hardly look at it unless something other than kibble is in there. She'll eat the kibble out of my hand as a treat, but nothing but kibble in her bowl ( it's always healthy stuff) she does what Tuni does. My advice, stick with plain dry kibble. At this age she will come around, I think...:D

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.