Ruggles and I Went Back To Square One

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] I hope it can be put away soon. I have plenty of links in it so it just gives him a gentle reminder and helps with the steering. Ruggles does want to stay close except when he gets too excited. When it cools off here he's going to doggie day care a couple days a week, too!

I'm getting ready to put Bo BACK in the necklace! Part of it is his two year old puppy brain which overrides his good sense. Yesterday at the beach, he was a nightmare -- partly because they've been cooped up in the 90 degree heat and partly puppy brain when we go somewhere he reaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllyyy likes. It's like he's saying, "OMG WE'REATTHEBEACH...I CAN'TWAITTOGETDOWNTOTHATWATEROMGOMGOMGOMG!" It's no wonder I have biceps of steel.......LOL He needs to wear the necklace a couple of times to remind his puppy brain about proper walking in public. He also pulled and scared the crap out of a teenage girl who apparently is afraid of dogs. Her squeal surprised us both -- but his nose did touch her calve. I wasn't quick enough. We can't have that.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It better safe....the collar really does not hurt ; it mimics the correction of their mother.... Good luck with the terrible 2's

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
It better safe....the collar really does not hurt ; it mimics the correction of their mother.... Good luck with the terrible 2's

Awww. thank you. They really aren't THAT terrible.... probably because I love the boy so much! ha ha ha

OP
Alice Kable

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] I know what you mean about those biceps and taking the boys someplace they really, really want to go. After several days of harness only, I had to switch Ruggles back to his necklace because we went "off road" to one of our special sandy beach places!

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
P7220036.jpg
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] I know what you mean about those biceps and taking the boys someplace they really, really want to go. After several days of harness only, I had to switch Ruggles back to his necklace because we went "off road" to one of our special sandy beach places!

hahahahaha Off Road! Anytime I am "managing" Bo -- sans necklace -- and there's someone nearby, it's always my strength that gets the comments. Thank goodness I CAN hold him because he'd be knocking over little ol' ladies left n right around here in Retirementland. He just wants to be in their laps OR licking their faces. 75 lbs of Bo coming at you is scarey when you've got hips to break.....

And then there are days like yesterday, where you think, "OK. I have done something RIGHT with these dogs!" Yesterday, I took Grandma to a art show we go to each year called "Fresh Paint" at the Everett Marina. Dogs are allowed at this event and the adjacent Farmer's Market. The last time Bea was there, she was but a pup! (We missed last year) It was super cool down by the water -- even chilly -- so I took Bea along and left the boy at home. Bea was a DARLING the entire time. She had a blast, of course, because there was lots of kids and they all wanted to pet her. She was lickin' the legs of this one boy in a stroller and he was laughing hysterically....we actually got quite a crowd around us with all the gaiety. Bea knows that strollers mean kids so she's all too happy to climb up one to get at the contents. There were plenty of adults that loved on her too and she treats each one like it's the first attention she's ever gotten. Early on in the day, we ran into an entire family; grandparents, parents and kids -- and Bea reveled in all the attention. We found it hard to break away from them, actually. As we finally parted ways, the grandfather turned around to me and said, "Beatrice is the finest example of an English Bulldog that I've ever seen." Swoon. Everytime we passed by them again at the art show, they would call, "Hi Bea" or "Hi Beatrice". It's true; she makes friends where ever she goes. Hey, I'm just the dolt at the end of the leash, right? :lmao:

Last edited:
OP
Alice Kable

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
@Vicaroo 1000 you are! I just love it when our babies get so much stranger attention! Our Bullys are such good ambassadors!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online