Thread: Ruggles and I Went Back To Square One

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Ruggles and I Went Back To Square One

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniels View Post
    there's a come back in there for me ...somewhere .....

I fully expected to be blasted when I got here! It's ok.....

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Yay for Ruggles and Mommma! So are you using treats to train? If not, how amazing that he's improving!
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

@savemejeebus I used his kibble for training treats when I first started working with him when he was a baby. I used to walk Ruggles and Mack together until I broke my ankle two and a half years ago. My husband walked Ruggles and I walked Mack. My husband always gave Ruggles a free leash; he let him walk in front of him and all over the road. So now we've pretty much started over and he gets good boy and a pet reward. There has been a lot of improvement and he doesn't try to chase cars anymore, is doing much better not bolting to eat grass and horse poo. When kids are around I have him sit so the kids can pet him. By Sept. I'm hoping I can take him into town everyday!

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Kable View Post
    @2BullyMama I hope it can be put away soon. I have plenty of links in it so it just gives him a gentle reminder and helps with the steering. Ruggles does want to stay close except when he gets too excited. When it cools off here he's going to doggie day care a couple days a week, too!
    I'm getting ready to put Bo BACK in the necklace! Part of it is his two year old puppy brain which overrides his good sense. Yesterday at the beach, he was a nightmare -- partly because they've been cooped up in the 90 degree heat and partly puppy brain when we go somewhere he reaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllyyy likes. It's like he's saying, "OMG WE'REATTHEBEACH...I CAN'TWAITTOGETDOWNTOTHATWATEROMGOMGOMGOMG!" It's no wonder I have biceps of steel.......LOL He needs to wear the necklace a couple of times to remind his puppy brain about proper walking in public. He also pulled and scared the crap out of a teenage girl who apparently is afraid of dogs. Her squeal surprised us both -- but his nose did touch her calve. I wasn't quick enough. We can't have that.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

It better safe....the collar really does not hurt ; it mimics the correction of their mother.... Good luck with the terrible 2's
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    It better safe....the collar really does not hurt ; it mimics the correction of their mother.... Good luck with the terrible 2's
    Awww. thank you. They really aren't THAT terrible.... probably because I love the boy so much! ha ha ha

Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

@Vicaroo1000 I know what you mean about those biceps and taking the boys someplace they really, really want to go. After several days of harness only, I had to switch Ruggles back to his necklace because we went "off road" to one of our special sandy beach places!

Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

-p7220036-jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice Kable View Post
    @Vicaroo1000 I know what you mean about those biceps and taking the boys someplace they really, really want to go. After several days of harness only, I had to switch Ruggles back to his necklace because we went "off road" to one of our special sandy beach places!
    hahahahaha Off Road! Anytime I am "managing" Bo -- sans necklace -- and there's someone nearby, it's always my strength that gets the comments. Thank goodness I CAN hold him because he'd be knocking over little ol' ladies left n right around here in Retirementland. He just wants to be in their laps OR licking their faces. 75 lbs of Bo coming at you is scarey when you've got hips to break.....

And then there are days like yesterday, where you think, "OK. I have done something RIGHT with these dogs!" Yesterday, I took Grandma to a art show we go to each year called "Fresh Paint" at the Everett Marina. Dogs are allowed at this event and the adjacent Farmer's Market. The last time Bea was there, she was but a pup! (We missed last year) It was super cool down by the water -- even chilly -- so I took Bea along and left the boy at home. Bea was a DARLING the entire time. She had a blast, of course, because there was lots of kids and they all wanted to pet her. She was lickin' the legs of this one boy in a stroller and he was laughing hysterically....we actually got quite a crowd around us with all the gaiety. Bea knows that strollers mean kids so she's all too happy to climb up one to get at the contents. There were plenty of adults that loved on her too and she treats each one like it's the first attention she's ever gotten. Early on in the day, we ran into an entire family; grandparents, parents and kids -- and Bea reveled in all the attention. We found it hard to break away from them, actually. As we finally parted ways, the grandfather turned around to me and said, "Beatrice is the finest example of an English Bulldog that I've ever seen." Swoon. Everytime we passed by them again at the art show, they would call, "Hi Bea" or "Hi Beatrice". It's true; she makes friends where ever she goes. Hey, I'm just the dolt at the end of the leash, right?
    Last edited by Vicaroo1000; 08-20-2012 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Adding Picture from Bea's first Fresh Paint artshow.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

@Vicaroo 1000 you are! I just love it when our babies get so much stranger attention! Our Bullys are such good ambassadors!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads