Puppy Stairs

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
What age did you let your puppy start doing stairs?

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
We have never restricted our puppies from stairs. They would experiment and climb stairs and cry for help to get down, and eventually get so they could go up and down on their own! Our second puppy, Muggs, would climb up and down a ladder that took us on to USFS property!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
We have always left it to the individual ... never really encouraged it, but didn't discourage either. Out of all of them it took Linus the longest to pluck up the courage to go up and down them.

OP
mdn525

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
Okay...She wants to climb them, but I was worried it's not good for her hips at a young age

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Okay...She wants to climb them, but I was worried it's not good for her hips at a young age

I'd be concerned about their soft bones at a young age..... HRH doesnt do stairs ...our stairway is wide open and she totally ignores that it is there.... too much work for her lazy butt to try to climb, I think. lol

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
Our house is 2 levels so stairs are a must. Ellie has been able to fly up them for over a month, but has just recently realized that she can go down them just as easily. She still has moments of being unsure and I'll have to carry her down them.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.