Female puppy 9 weeks old marking territory?

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I have a female bully that never has went pee in my house she has had a few accidents put its always poop, we went over to a friends house today that has 2 dogs both female and one isnt house broke. Lola my puppy was doing what I think is marking territory she would bend down like she was peeing drop just a couple drops and walk 6 to 8 feet and do it again over and over. Then I took her out side and she did the same in the yard and stopped and did that 7 or 8 times never fully going potty just a few drops all over, is this marking territory or should I be worried of a UTI? I thought she would be to young being 9 weeks to mark territory but my friend said the spots she marked is where her female that isnt house broken usually goes. I hope its not a UTI!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
oh, gosh...I don't know...how is she doing now? Normal pee? I, personally, would wait and see how she goes through the morning tomorrow. If she is peeing normally, I would probably just continue to watch her. If she keeps doing it, then off to the vet for sure. I wouldn't wait more than the morning tomorrow though. It is painful to have a UTI and I would hate for her to be hurting!

My adult female basset went to the park with us today and she peed every two seconds marking all of the places dogs peed. She was spayed at 6 months and she is now almost 9.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
She has done it twice is the house now, I called the vet and they said its rare a puppy her age gets a UTI they think it may be her going from that house where dogs pee to coming here and thinking its ok to do. I hope that is all it is the vet is a 4 hour drive from here! Im concerned and hoping she doesnt pee all over everything through the night. She never pottys in her bed so if she does that I will know somethings not right.

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Watch her for sure. It doesn't seem right that she would do it at home too. Normally, if they don't smell another dog's pee, then they stop.

Wow, your vet is 4 hours away!? Isn't there anyone closer?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Check her little va-jay-jay. see if everything is clean and normal too. just a thought

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] after I saw your post I checked her and everything looked fine not swollen or any puss or anything. Im at a loss.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I am watching her like a hawk today and we just woke up so dont know how she is doing today.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I am watching her like a hawk today and we just woke up so dont know how she is doing today.

How is she doing? Did she have any releases/markings overnight?

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
She held it all night and slept through the night without a accident then this morning she tried it and I yelled a stern no and took her outside. She hasnt tried it since so it must be she was marking where that female was peeing but im still going to watch her for the next couple days to make sure. She isnt acting at all like she did at their house or when we got home. To say the least wont be going over there for a while! I was not happy when i thought it was a UTI because she just got off antibiotics and I didnt want her to have to take them all over again this close together so feel a lot better than she is acting normal or as normal as a bully puppy can be now!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'm glad it doesn't appear to be a UTI, but you are right in keeping a careful watch over her for the next couple of days!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
She held it all night and slept through the night without a accident then this morning she tried it and I yelled a stern no and took her outside. She hasnt tried it since so it must be she was marking where that female was peeing but im still going to watch her for the next couple days to make sure. She isnt acting at all like she did at their house or when we got home. To say the least wont be going over there for a while! I was not happy when i thought it was a UTI because she just got off antibiotics and I didnt want her to have to take them all over again this close together so feel a lot better than she is acting normal or as normal as a bully puppy can be now!

[MENTION=5264]sweetpeasmom2008[/MENTION]...

If she's just come off an antibiotic it's possible she has a YEAST infection.
Give her live yogurt...not sure how long but would do a couple of weeks.

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Whew....that one had me worried! Glad she seems to be ok and I know you will keep a good watch on her to make sure she is ok.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.