Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 16

Thread: Puppy - New Food

  1. #1
    Bully Bootie Duty mdn525's Avatar
    Posts
    191
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Petunia aka "Tuni"
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Puppy - New Food

    Hello! I switched Tuni's food two days ago and I noticed she has A LOT more energy and when I got home yesterday at lunch and after work she was in her crate crying...she is usually passed out sleeping. Do you think her tummy could be upset from the new food? I'm doing a gradual change 3/4-1/4 - Switching from Eukanuba to Fromm

  2. #2
    Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    ChanelnBrutus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,077
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Puppy - New Food

    Brutus used to whine all the time when he was a puppy in his crate..he wanted out LOL

    Fromm is a great food compared to Euk so she just needs sometime to adjust to the new food...How are the poops? Firm if not you can cut back a little bit on the new food and add a little more old food...Others will be by with more advice

    She looks a lot like Brutus's brothers and sisters they were all the same color Brutus was the only red one
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

  3. #3
    Bully Bootie Duty mdn525's Avatar
    Posts
    191
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Petunia aka "Tuni"
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Puppy - New Food

    I've done a lot of research and I was really impressed with Fromm. I started her on the Beef Firtatta, her breeder said it was fine as long as we were using supplements to help with her bone development. She usually is really good in her crate, she will cry a little but sleeps all day...I just thought it was weird she was up and crying when I got home yesterday

  4. #4
    Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    ChanelnBrutus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,077
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Puppy - New Food

    Quote Originally Posted by mdn525 View Post
    I've done a lot of research and I was really impressed with Fromm. I started her on the Beef Firtatta, her breeder said it was fine as long as we were using supplements to help with her bone development. She usually is really good in her crate, she will cry a little but sleeps all day...I just thought it was weird she was up and crying when I got home yesterday
    I agree as I did the same and switched to Fromm...In the beginning I was feeding him too much and his poop was soft then I cut back a little and they firmed right up and now no problems at all! She is adorable...She was probably excited to see you
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

  5. #5
    Bully Bootie Duty mdn525's Avatar
    Posts
    191
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Petunia aka "Tuni"
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Puppy - New Food

    Quote Originally Posted by ChanelnBrutus View Post
    I agree as I did the same and switched to Fromm...In the beginning I was feeding him too much and his poop was soft then I cut back a little and they firmed right up and now no problems at all! She is adorable...She was probably excited to see you
    I'll go with that! I'm always excited to see her too! Even though she's in the terror stage right now...those puppy teeth....OW! Her poops have been pretty firm...she just goes A LOT! She went 4x this morning! I also started her on new treats that she LOVES....Nature Balance Salmon, Sweet Potato and Apple...she literally drive bombs me for them, lol.

  6. #6
    Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    ChanelnBrutus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,077
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Puppy - New Food

    Thats not 4 times in one day? I would give her the Fromm as treats for now until you know what agrees with her...IMO Brutus has bad poops farts b/c of Blue Buffalo treats so I started givng him kibble as treats and it worked good...U can also give green beans as treats..Sometimes their tummys cant handle the treats and such at this age...She will do dives for the green beans I bet
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

  7. #7
    Bully Bootie Duty mdn525's Avatar
    Posts
    191
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Petunia aka "Tuni"
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Puppy - New Food

    Quote Originally Posted by ChanelnBrutus View Post
    Thats not 4 times in one day? I would give her the Fromm as treats for now until you know what agrees with her...IMO Brutus has bad poops farts b/c of Blue Buffalo treats so I started givng him kibble as treats and it worked good...U can also give green beans as treats..Sometimes their tummys cant handle the treats and such at this age...She will do dives for the green beans I bet
    Yikes! Do you think that's too much? That was just this morning too... Now I feel bad...they've been solid so I haven't been worrying. Do you think I should back off of the food switch? I really wanted to get her off the Eukanuba, but I don't want her tummy upset.

  8. #8
    Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    ChanelnBrutus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,077
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Puppy - New Food

    Quote Originally Posted by mdn525 View Post
    Yikes! Do you think that's too much? That was just this morning too... Now I feel bad...they've been solid so I haven't been worrying. Do you think I should back off of the food switch? I really wanted to get her off the Eukanuba, but I don't want her tummy upset.
    I would stick with the Fromm and stop all treats for now! Just give her some Fromm kibble as treats for now! You can add 1tbsp of canned pumpkin (not pie filling) that should help. Yea 4 times in a day is about normal...How much are you feeding her?
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

  9. #9
    Bully Bootie Duty mdn525's Avatar
    Posts
    191
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Petunia aka "Tuni"
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Puppy - New Food

    Quote Originally Posted by ChanelnBrutus View Post
    I would stick with the Fromm and stop all treats for now! Just give her some Fromm kibble as treats for now! You can add 1tbsp of canned pumpkin (not pie filling) that should help. Yea 4 times in a day is about normal...How much are you feeding her?
    She gets about 3/4 cup per feeding 3x a day. The Eukanuba bag (small breed puppy) said 2 1/4 cups per day for her weight. She's about 13lbs and going to be 10 weeks Friday.

  10. #10
    Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    ChanelnBrutus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,077
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Puppy - New Food

    Try the pumpkin and stop the treats and see how it goes for now! The amount sounds right for her age Brutus was the same schedule...She is still young and the food is so different she needs some time to get used to it ...The pumpkin will help settle her tummy.
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

  11. #11

    Default Re: Puppy - New Food

    the upset tommy can be from the switch as this happenned to me when we switched over it took about 10 days for his poop to harden but now i notice his coat and weight are doing great with fromm

  12. #12
    Bully Bootie Duty mdn525's Avatar
    Posts
    191
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Petunia aka "Tuni"
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Puppy - New Food

    Okay, glad it's normal. I'll stick with the new food and no treats and see if that helps. I'll also pick up some pumpkin...oh my! I worry about her so much while I'm at work I swear I get nothing done!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •