English bulldogs and olde English bullies

iMacDrew

Aug 5, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Champ
Is there a distinction between them. I think my bully looks like an olde but the breeder who I found from the akc website said he was English.
imagejpeg

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Usually Olde Enlgish are taller and weigh much more than bullies...They have longer noses and not as many wrinkles...When Brutus was a young pup people used to tell me Olde/boxer and I would get upset but they have so much filling out to do in the next year or so that they will change...Brutus still has a longer nose and not a huge rope but he is 100% english...I cant see the picture :(

OP
I

iMacDrew

Aug 5, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Champ
Yea I'm on my iPhone and I'm on duty. (military) can I email u the pic

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Looks 100% English to me! Around 4-5 months they are lanky and look long but as he gets older you will see him fill out more and he wont look so long LOL He is such a handsome boy :)

OP
I

iMacDrew

Aug 5, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Champ
K thank you so much. He's a great dog I just started questioning myself ones people at the vet asked if he was a boxer

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
K thank you so much. He's a great dog I just started questioning myself ones people at the vet asked if he was a boxer

Anytime! People said the same about Brutus just ignore them lol He will continue to grow until about 2 yrs old

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Wow he is such a cutie! Looks all English to me!

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
That's about the same body-type and wrinkle-amount as my Angus. And Angus carries AKC papers.

Olde English are generally taller and heavier than EBs.

I don't really know the range of variation in EBs and I don't know if AKC papers really mean that much these days. But, one thing I do know, my Angus is the typical EB sweet personality. Ah, I'm crazy in love with him. You can call him a chihuahua for all I care. :D

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
My Bob is the same way...He's 6 months old and very long legged. But he's all bully..just a lot of growing to do. Olde EB's also have a long tail if I remember correctly.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Your boy is beautiful. OEBs usually live longer and have fewer health problems than EBs. They are usually longer and taller and most are born with tails that are docked when they are 3 days old. Genetically they are EB, Bull Mastiff, American Bulldog, and ??, I think Pit Bull. They breed and whelp naturally, no c-section. They are mostly EB, have the same sweet temperament but don't have the breathing issues because their airways are bigger.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I asked the vet if Otis was Olde English or Just English. She asked me if he snored. She said OEB's don't have the breathing problems that EB's have so since he doesn't snore, he's probably Olde. Abby on the other hand sounds like a chain saw when she sleeps

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online