QR Barcode Dog Tags

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

OK, I'm not a young kid, well age wise I not 14!!!! But OMG! I am so gonna get those!!!
I've been a geek for longer than I have had Bullies.
Of course!

Where do I order them?

G'day~

OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
Hello,

OK, I'm not a young kid, well age wise I not 14!!!! But OMG! I am so gonna get those!!!
I've been a geek for longer than I have had Bullies.
Of course!

Where do I order them?

G'day~

Found them on PetHub. We're not allowed to post links, but typing in PetHub into Google will take you right there.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I'm a techy guy, so it appeals to me in the technology aspect. We're planning on having Ellie microchipped when she's spayed, but I think it's a neat alternative to the typical name, address, phone, etc of normal tags.

In regards to microchipping, a co-worker had a bad experience with a lost pup that was microchipped. The local pound had picked him up and didn't scan him and he was 3 days away from being put down. They found him when they dropped off a flyer and asked to go back and see the dogs that were in and there he was. :cursing: I guess that just shows that there's no full proof way to find an animal that may be missing, but I think this gives a neat alternative in a very technological world. I'd still probably do a basic tag with name and contact info just because there are still so many people that wouldn't know what to do with the tag. I like that with the QR tag you can add allergies, medical needs, etc that you wouldn't find on normal tags.

Spork.... now a REAL geek would have what Princess Gracie wears on her harness. It is a USB plug -in chip that will automatically display all her pertinate info when plugged into a USB port. Works with both MS and Apple and is self launching. It carries all her Vet info and our contact info.

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Jack carries a flash drive with a micro projector that when activated
displays a 3 dimentional halogram of his vet informing the viewer of all of jack's allergies as well as a google map showing our address and best route to get there from the current GPS position... :p

Last edited:
OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Spork.... now a REAL geek would have what Princess Gracie wears on her harness. It is a USB plug -in chip that will automatically display all her pertinate info when plugged into a USB port. Works with both MS and Apple and is self launching. It carries all her Vet info and our contact info.

I've seen those and considered one, but I've seen several thumb drives that have fried USB ports or went through the wash and were useless after that. I'd be afraid that if they got wet or the cap popped off that it'd be a bad day for the thumb drive.

Jack carries a flash drive with a micro projector that when activated
displays a 3 dimentional halogram of his vet informing the viewer of all of jack's allergies as well as a google map showing our address and best route to get there from the current GPS position... :p

Does it come in the shape of R2D2? Because that would be beyond awesome.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I've seen those and considered one, but I've seen several thumb drives that have fried USB ports or went through the wash and were useless after that. I'd be afraid that if they got wet or the cap popped off that it'd be a bad day for the thumb drive.

Does it come in the shape of R2D2? Because that would be beyond awesome.

Close,,,, very very close!!!! LOL

OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie's tag FINALLY arrived. The shipping was like a snail, but I have to admit that this tag is pretty cool. Here's a youtube video to some of the stuff that you can do once you register the tag. I've been playing around with it for about 30 minutes now.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.