Dog Food Storage

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
What do you guys use for storing dog food? Since we've been buying smaller bags of Earthborn's Puppy Vantage, we've been able to use a large tupperware container, but are about to outgrow it in a couple of weeks when we switch to a larger bag of their ALS formula. I've had a hard time finding a large enough storage container that is taller and narrower so that it will fit in the remaining floor space of our pantry area. My parents store their cat food in multiple gallon sized ziploc bags in a chest freezer. Any suggestions from you guys?

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i have 3 different containers i bought at different times. the first was just a plastic container called airtight container. its cheap plastic and i got it at petsmart i think. then i needed another when my dogs were on separate food so i got a tall skinny one called a rubbermade scoop and go. it holds 34 pounds of food. its a good one and has a scoop with it. i got it at petco. next i decided to try this other one as it was airtight and supposedly thats the way to go with storing dog food not in a bag. this one is a gamma food vault or some thing and its a small square cube that has a lid that screws on so its airtight. very small and compact and holds 25+ pounds. i got it at petco to. i love my last 2 and esp the vault one but in the space you have i think the rubbermaid one would be better. i dont see it listed on the petco website but maybe check the store.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I have a huge container that we got at Sam's. It has a handle, a pour spout (if you need it) and the ability to lock the bag itself into the container. It is "Budeeze Food Storage Container). I really like it. It is sturdy and tall/thin so it fits perfectly in a bottom cabinet that is just for the doggies.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
A Rubbermaid container that looks like a trashcan, but has a seal/locking lid and came with a 1 cup scoop

gracoliv

Jan 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie and Oliver
Airtight food container, holds large bag of food, slender and tall, fits in a lower kitchen cabint and is on wheels. Bought at The Container Store.

Last edited:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
We have a chest freezer ... 2 actually .... for the boys' meat. lol, sorry, couldn't resist.

OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
Found a container that is the perfect size at Tractor Supply this afternoon.:2thumbs:

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
Can dog food go stale if it's not in an air tight container? I just have Tuni's in a rubbermaid tupperware with a snap top...

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
We have ours in a Tupperware style tub that is Tall. *AND* if you remove it from the original bag -
CUT THE LOT AND MANUFACTURERS INFO AND POST IT ON FRIDGE ! too many bloody recalls ! ! ! ! Better safe than sorry !

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
We have ours in a Tupperware style tub that is Tall. *AND* if you remove it from the original bag -
CUT THE LOT AND MANUFACTURERS INFO AND POST IT ON FRIDGE ! too many bloody recalls ! ! ! ! Better safe than sorry !

GOOD IDEA! Thanks! I'm wondering if hers is getting stale...it seems like some of the pieces are extra hard, it's only been in the tupperware for 2 weeks though

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.