Non-noisy dog

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
1 medium quiet and 1 very quiet bulldog here.

Bullie will bark when the doorbell rings or someone knocks on the door. She'll bark if she hears a doorbell or a knock on TV. And she growls to discipline the other dogs. She also makes this funny "talking" sound if she wants a butt rub. But, other than that she doesn't yelp, whine, growl, bark even when the kids use her as a pillow.

I haven't heard Angus vocalize anything... He is Omega - he's the one that's getting growled at and he immediately lays down on his back paws up in surrender. LOL. And, when Bullie barks at the doorbell/knock, Angus is off to the corner hiding. LOL! If he wants a treat he just goes in circles (like chasing his tail) and pants in excitement.

But yeah, both dogs snore like you won't believe... It's a symphony.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
HRH reigns in relative silence unless someone makes a scary loud sound. Then she let's out a nervous little howl on the way to her bed to hide under daddy's desk.

And then less then 6 months ago she started barking a different bark when the doorbell rings. We have learned its an excited, "I'm in here come and see me bark". She started when our friend/neighbor stopped by, and she likes Augie a lot. I think she thinks it's always him when the doorbell rings. We figured that out when she even barked the same bark at me when I came home from work a couple weeks ago and I didn't come into the room to say Hi fast enough. She gets very excited when I first get home in the evening.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks is totally opposite, but my boy Nitschke was exactly like your girl.... quit unless the hose was on

ham3381

Jul 7, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
MAXIMUS is 4 months now and He's a barker he likes to get on my bed so he barks for me to pick him up. He also barks when he plays sometimes

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I'd be counting my blessings! Wilson was quite quite too when he was small. Now he has about 4/5 different barks depending on what he needs, I'm serious too. :bang: Most the time it's the "come over here and pay attention to me" bark. He'll just stare at me and bark. :lol:

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
I'd be counting my blessings! Wilson was quite quite too when he was small. Now he has about 4/5 different barks depending on what he needs, I'm serious too. :bang: Most the time it's the "come over here and pay attention to me" bark. He'll just stare at me and bark. :lol:

And there I was thinking that Wilson was the quiet sensitive type :laugh:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
And there I was thinking that Wilson was the quiet sensitive type :laugh:
Hardy!!!! We're driving right now and he's in the back seat and I was munching on a popcorn ball (caramel - yummy) and all of a sudden he lets out this :yell: bark and I turn around and he's staring at me because he wants a piece. I say to him, "REALLY WILSON!" :peace2:

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Hardy!!!! We're driving right now and he's in the back seat and I was munching on a popcorn ball (caramel - yummy) and all of a sudden he lets out this :yell: bark and I turn around and he's staring at me because he wants a piece. I say to him, "REALLY WILSON!" :peace2:

Can you blame him? A caramel popcorn ball afterall. See, Wilson just can't do anything wrong in my eyes.:havemyheart:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Can you blame him? A caramel popcorn ball afterall. See, Wilson just can't do anything wrong in my eyes.:havemyheart:

YUMMM nothing :redneck: about this.
C01FA058-FBA2-417C-97FC-E1B21BCB0810-302-0000001687F2C87F.jpg

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online