Non-noisy dog

kam62284

May 17, 2012
Central PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
So my bully, Lucy, is almost six months and is a VERY quiet bulldog! She hardly ever barks, never whines for her food (although she does beg!) and NEVER lets out a yelp when I know she's done something that hurts-she's not very graceful so she's bumped her head more than a few times :stars: I'm not worried about her at all, but most dogs I've owned (non-bullies) have at least yelped or whined more than Lucy does. Any other bully owners have "quiet" dogs?

- Katie

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Absolutely, and I have asked this very same question on the forum here. Dublin will be two on Thursday :birthday3: and she never, not once cried or whined in all that time. No yelp, nothing. She never barked as a puppie either. She does bark now but it is always for a reason and not often. She is a "professional" beggar:ROFL: i have never know a dog not to at least whine every now and then. It's just her personality and they have a very hard head :yes: So, see you are not alone, so enjoy your "quiet" sweetie pie.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Jake used to be quiet and well mannered. never barked...but sadly...he learned a very bad habit from my Dena Dog..barking! :cursing: but she taught him how to chew on my rugs before this....:hissy: :hissy: :hissy:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Gator is a quiet boy. He used to talk occasionally but very rarely. He will bark maybe once a month if he has a good reason :)

redhed

Jun 22, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sancho
I wish we had a quiet dog! Sancho was quiet when he first arrived, but now he barks and whines any time he wants something, be it attention, food, treats or a toy. I'm not quite sure when this started, but I'm pretty sure it's because hubby eventually gives in and tries to "solve" Sancho's problems. He sees it as him needing something, whereas I see it as him being a whiny puppy/teenage dog trying to assert himself. We argue over it, but since Sancho is technically "his" dog............. Grr!

Anywaaaaaay, take what you can get, girl!

Zoey1974

Bully's Bikes and Books!
Jun 25, 2012
Lake Milton, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
Zoey almost never barks either. I think I have heard her bark a total of 3 times since we have had her and that was only because I was walking away from her :heart: She never whines or chews or potties in the house. I keep waiting for her to do something bad!

BIJAH

May 28, 2012
San Jose CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ari Gold
Ari is a silent assassin as well. He's so quiet that he will just creep up on everybody and startle them and just smile at their reaction. He will bark if he hears something strange on TV or sees something on TV that triggers him to speak. I can easily make him growl by going into my wrestling MMA stance as to challenging him haha.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Wilson occasionally barks softly and slowly so it is never bothersome but BabyGirl is like a machine gun and barks in loud spurts. "Ra!...Ru-Ru-Ru_Ru!

marianne

May 17, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Jenna
I have a EB that's 3....she never barks....i got her to bark once or twice playing a sound clip of a barking dog...was just curious to see if she knew how...after i heard her i think she's embarrassed of her bark...my mother's cavalier spaniel has a fiercer bark that Jenna...I thought maybe since she was a rescue and kept in a cage she wasn't aloud to bark...but i have never once heard her whine

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Quiet bulldog? They make such things? :ROFL:

Abby doesn't bark much but she talks constantly. She even talks in her sleep! :laugh:

PeterPanAndWendy

Jul 27, 2011
Lindsey, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pan Cake
Pan only barks to announce a stranger at the door. We can get him to bark on command by asking him who's here... Always funny. But I think that he only started doing that within the last year.

He only whined as a puppy crate training.

But quiet he's not... As he snores louder than a freight train... Even when he's awake. :lol:

[MENTION=4786]Dubbiedog[/MENTION] tell Dublin :birthday:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Both my boys are mostly quiet too. Stig protects the house though, and will bark at odd noises, especially if there's a knock or the doorbell ringing. Punks whines sometimes, but it's a cute kind of whine. And it would be about something simple, like if my bf or I got out of the car to pump gas.

I'm very thankful that they're selective barkers. lol.

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Pan only barks to announce a stranger at the door. We can get him to bark on command by asking him who's here... Always funny. But I think that he only started doing that within the last year.

He only whined as a puppy crate training.

But quiet he's not... As he snores louder than a freight train... Even when he's awake. :lol:

@Dubbiedog tell Dublin :birthday:

Thanks, don't know how I got the date wrong on here but tomorow is her 2nd birthday, but what's one day when you are only two??:laugh: still can't believe we have her even that long. She is the brightest spark in my day:heart:

KaidasMom

Jun 25, 2012
Anchorage, AK
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Kaida
Nope...our girl Kaida is pretty noisy. She'll whine when she needs to potty in the middle of the night to which she'll switch to a bark if we don't get out of bed as soon as we should. She barks when she wants to play, she grunts when shifting sleeping positions, she sleep woofs...yup...that's momma's girl! ahhahaha

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.