finding a puppy...

allyxo

Jun 26, 2012
29 Palms, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny
So, I have been searching for months for a bulldog puppy that will be available August and September and having no luck! I email breeders from BCA referral list and either get no response or they won't have puppies available for a long time... I am frustrated, because I never thought that it would be so hard to find a bulldog. It is hard when I see craigslist or newspaper ads for bulldog puppies available right now, but I have no idea where those dogs came from and what kind of health condition they're in. I feel like there is some sort of bulldog shortage going on right now from legit breeders lol... So did you all have to wait a long time to buy your bulldog puppies? Anyone else gone through this type of thing?

I feel like giving up on my dream dog, emailing people and getting nowhere fast.

Trod1

Jul 2, 2012
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Olive, Oscar
Have you tried Bullynet? You will still have to research and be comfortable with the breeder but when I was looking for my puppy I posted it on Bullynet and received many email responses within 24 hours. If you can a good bulldog vet, they will sometimes lead you to a good breeder who is expecting puppies also. Good Luck!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Why don't you tell us what area you are in. We aren't allowed to recommend individual breeders...but someone can send you a private message if they know of any pups near you. Don't go with someone you aren't familiar with. You run a great risk of getting a sick pup.

OP
allyxo

allyxo

Jun 26, 2012
29 Palms, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny
I am in 29 Palms, California.. which is in Southern California. I am willing to travel to find my perfect pup too! :)

Trod1: I am looking at bullynet thank you for the suggestion
Gatoray: thanks for the link! It is helpful.

PeterPanAndWendy

Jul 27, 2011
Lindsey, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pan Cake
:whew: 29 Palms... I bet I know what you do for a living! LOL... Definitely wasn't a whole lot out that way 20 years ago...

I have no extra suggestions. Just keep trying. I'm sure someone will give you a lead that will guide you to your dream bully!

Taylor

Jul 10, 2012
Pittsburgh
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Charlotte Elizabeth
gotta plug it: Why not try a rescue? Those dogs are definitely available and definitely need some love :)

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
I'm not familiar with anyone in that area, but a Google search should bring up results of breeders in the area. Also, one thing that I highly recommend is when you do find a breeder, ask for references and vet contact info. We did this when we found our breeder about 30 minutes up the road. We knew right where the vets office was and my wife's family actually used the same vet since they live a couple of miles away from the vet. The vet was very willing to give us information on the breeder and our particular litter. The breeder told us how many were in the litter, their sexes, parents names, etc and we had the vet confirm it all. The vet reference sealed the deal for us.

BIJAH

May 28, 2012
San Jose CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ari Gold
If it is your first puppy, then most likely it will come from a stranger. No way around it. I highly recommended requesting for references of past puppies etc. Thats what I did, and it was a pleasant transaction in finding our dream dog.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.