Buy a pup or wait for an adoptable bully

marianne

May 17, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Jenna
So we are at a crossroads. We so want another bully. But in my heart I want to rescue a bully. We've applied to foster and have tried to adopt, but haven't heard back. I know that it takes time, that the rescues are all volunteered based. But my heart yearns for another one so badly. I really think we could offer such a wonderful home.

But our currently family makeup is probably hindering us from being fully considered. My daughter and my infant grandson have just moved back in, so for his safety a rescue probably isn't going to work out. I know that they prefer homes with older or no children. You never know the history of the babies that come into rescue.

So Pete, always trying give me what I want, says tonight, to call Pan's breeder and see if they are planning on having anymore pups. So my heart is torn. Before Pan we always had rescue dogs, saving one from the shelter has always made sense to me.

Pan is so good with the baby. He really is the sweetest thing.

I have come to really value the insights of everyone here. You always give sound advise. My daughter will probably stay here for at least two more years. So we will eventually have a toddler running running around the house. Any advise, or past experiences would be greatly appreciated.

I adopted my rescue it took a few months, but i was promised one bully and with my grandkids the rescue thought another would be better because she was smaller & more gentle...i'm glad they had me meet the second bully...she's great with the kids, 3 years old...if you would like the name of the rescue email me...i know they do have a english & bully now.

Most Reactions