OP
LolasPuppet

LolasPuppet

A bad BOY, not a girl!
Jun 18, 2012
Ljubljana & Portorož, both in Slovenia, in the mid
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
How old is your Bullie? Until they are a year old my opinion and recommendation is to prevent them from jumping or even standing on their back legs to lean up against you. I had a puppy who got hurt as a young puppy but not too bad. I am very cautious and make sure that my g'kids know to not encourage them to jump off the couch or jump up.
8 months.
Damn, she jumps up even more. She's super active for a bully, so it's not going to be easy to prevent her from jumping up and/or down. :( I even have to gate the stairs now, as she constantly goes up and down (she loves it) ...

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

8 months is a very active age for a bullie. Up and down stairs I think are fine as long as they are NOT jumping down the stairs?

I have Bullies from Europe also~! 2 from Kiev Ukraine, 2 from Hungary, 1 Yugoslavia.....and 1 from S. Africa. I have lots of friends in Europe! Nice to meet you :2thumbs:

G'Day~

Daizy and Dukes mom

Nov 28, 2011
Mansfield, ON
Bulldog(s) Names
Daizy & Duke
Daizy was a crazy a puppy and used to jump from the floor to the dining room table as well as on the crate (I dont think anyone told her she was a bully and not a monkey..lol) Anyhow, she broke her right foot and had to have pins put in. That was when she was around 9 months. We still have no idea how she did it, So be careful!!!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I asked him if I should worry about it (she was 6 months at the time I got her), and he said "she has very strong legs", so I stopped worrying about it.

But he also said I shouldn't worry about her scratching, then she got a hot spot (the scratching was rare and light, though). :glare: The breeder seems quite old school, like grandpas who have a "just walk it off" attitude towards kids. Not sure that's the right attitude with bullies ...

It true that we shouldn't worry so much, but some things should be taken in to consideration....It's not just with bullies, but all heavy built dog and even more so with giant breeds. It doesn't really matter how strong a bone is the growth plate is still soft. You can google growth plate fractures and see if Lola has any symptoms. Hope not. I also would hate to think that we have bred our beloved bullies so fragile that they can't move as they wan't when they're fully grown.

DSC_0204.jpgHere's my baby flying.

Attachments

• DSC_0204.NEF.jpg
    DSC_0204.NEF.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 32
OP
LolasPuppet

LolasPuppet

A bad BOY, not a girl!
Jun 18, 2012
Ljubljana & Portorož, both in Slovenia, in the mid
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION]: Yeah, true. And thanks, I googled growth plate fractures and found some useful information. It looks like most damage can be done 'till they're around 8 months old, though, Lola is closing in on 9 now. She's not showing any signs of any symptoms, so now I just have to hope it won't have a long term affect ...

Btw., FANTASTIC pic! Look it's a flying bully!

[MENTION=1869]ABEBD[/MENTION]: Nice! Spreading the gene pool ... :2thumbs:
And I try paying close attention that she goes down the stairs slowly.

[MENTION=3801]Daizy and Dukes mom[/MENTION]: Lola is very similar. It's quite unreal how active she is, especially for a bully. :)

Members online

No members online now.