Not asking to go outside......

SarahMarie82

Aug 2, 2012
West Haven, CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Jelly Belly AKA Belly, JB, Pig and Rocco
Good Afternoon Friends,

New issue this afternoon with Belly. She came out from under her hiding place (under the bed) went downstairs to go eat, and peed all over my living room floor. She did not ask to go out or even show any signs of having to go out.

I'm so upset, because she's perfectly healthy, minus the blindness and not wanting anything to do with me.

Should I now keep her in the kitchen? What do I do? This is all new to me. Everyone is telling me "she's at that age" I don't want to believe its true......

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Belly, I feel very sad for your mamma because I can tell she is struggling right now. Perhaps your place under the bed should be closed off for now, and maybe you and mamma need some bonding time together. Go for a walk, share an ice cream, go for a ride in the car. I know you are scared but hopefully together you can find a way. Pee pads may be needed at this age.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I think [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] hit it on the head, give her plenty of love and reassurance. When she wakes up from a nap, take her out, after she eats, take her out, have plenty of patience with her and show her plenty of love. She may never tell you when she needs to go out, most of mine don't either, but if they pee or poop in the house I can only blame myself for not paying enough attention to them and the last time they went out.

Wrangler

Jul 17, 2012
O H I O
Bulldog(s) Names
Linus
Animals and humans are alot alike...... As babies they need alot of attention because they don't know any better...... And when they get old they need alot of attention because they don't know any better...... But they were good in the middle.... You may need to go and start treating her like a puppy again.... Cause she doesn't know any better....

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
You have gotten some great advice. Just wanted to give a :hug: to you and Belly :) Only you know whats right and wrong for her. Positive vibes sent your way :)

roanne9145

Apr 11, 2010
Palmyra New York
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Apple, Grudge, Chisel and Rukus
Awwwww precious baby! I just know they would NEVER do anything purposely to hurt us. It's just not in them. Not sure how old she is, but if she is old and having problems remember just as humans its like when they were puppies they can lose some of their functions and just not be able to hold it. Be patient, don't let her hide under the bed, but do get her something where she can go to feel comfortable, like a covered crate:. Take her out BEFORE she eats then maybe again after. If she is young and not housebroken, she needs to be crated or watch her 24/7 or blame yourself. LOL.. Take her out upon wakening, after eating, everytime she is finished playing and before bed for the night. I do wish you luck and do something fun together....:loco2:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my i wondering if the changes in her world are not scaring her. not sure why she would not want you except maybe are you the one giving her the eye drops and doing all the maintenance to her. she may just not want them done and is mad at you for doing it. not sure bout the peeing seems to be a way to say im upset. lots of love i would think would be required and yes block off the bed and give her the crate only for refuge. love and pet her even if she doesnt want it. i love on sarah and she doesnt like it either much. shes not a cuddler. i think ive heard of older cats and such acting strange all of a sudden. my boston went blind at the age of 8 and she was very quiet and slept all the time for like a month then she snapped out of it and was her old self again. time may just be needed to adjust to the loss of sight. :hug:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.