At what age do they become seniors?

PeterPanAndWendy

Jul 27, 2011
Lindsey, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pan Cake
Okay, so I was perusing facebook, looking at different rescue sites, seeing if their were any bullies in danger. I came across a post for a 4-5 year old girl (already adopted) but there was a comment that said something about her being a senior.

I know that life spans range from 8 - 12 years depending on where you get your info (I'm going with the 12 for Pan - if not more, never gonna be ready to lose him!)

But is 4 and 5 years really considered a senior? It just seems like they are still so young at that age.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
At least in here bullie is a senior at 8 years. I think that sounds a bit young too. But maybe it's begomming the same in the bulldog world as in ours....at 40 we're over the hill in some peoples minds...

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Good question! In my mind around the age of 6 is what I would call a "senior", but I have seen bullies live to over age 10, even up to 14.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Not sure exactly but Cutty is 6 1/2 and when he had his blood panel done before his acl surgery it said Senior Blood Panel. :( Dont know if it is earlier than 6 but def 6 is considered. Made me sad. :(

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I don't know for sure either, but I would say around 6 or 7 would be the beginning of the seniors.

flower

Sep 29, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
im thinking she's too young still to be a senior...i think maybe around 6 or 7 might qualify her to seniorhood!! she's probably considered an adult!!!....i'm in the process of adopting a 4 yr old girl and i consider her an adult...hoping to share many more years with her....im so sad i missed the first 4 years of her life....♥

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
both of mine are on the backside of 3 years old and both still act and play like teenagers LOL in my mind I see them as an adult between 6 and 7 years old .... I babysat a 10 year old for about a week and she was still going strong .. when it was time to give her back I made all kinds of good sounding arguments as to why she should stay with me LOL didn't work tho LOL oh well can't blame a gal for trying!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
When looking at rescue bullies... they refer to seniors as over 7

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
im thinking she's too young still to be a senior...i think maybe around 6 or 7 might qualify her to seniorhood!! she's probably considered an adult!!!....i'm in the process of adopting a 4 yr old girl and i consider her an adult...hoping to share many more years with her....im so sad i missed the first 4 years of her life....♥

but now you will be with her for the rest of her life. How special is that!!:sunny:

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Just like human parents call their 40 year old children their babies - I think regardless of age, your bully will always be your baby.

My mom actually told me last year "I'm trying to raise you to be [something I ignored because at this point I stopped her and informed her I am grown and will soon be retired! LOL]"

craig827

Apr 16, 2012
NW Alabama
Bulldog(s) Names
Audrey & Cooper
Audrey has been a part of our family since she was 8 weeks old. She turned 12 on 3/13/12. She is overall still in good health but has slowed down considerably in the past couple of year. Cooper 3rd birthday 002.jpg

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
HRH is almost 6 and she still acts like a playful puppy at least twice a day. She sure doesn't act senior yet!

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.