Air Conditioning Temp.

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
Hi! I wanted to see what everyone keeps their AC temp at? Our bulldog is almost 9 weeks old and my fiance likes to keep the house COLD (at least to me). I'm just worried about her getting sick if it's too cold in the house.

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
We keep ours set at 72, but in the Georgia heat with 8-10 hours of direct sunlight on the front of the house, it doesn't stay that way. It's usually about 74 when I go home at lunch and close to 78 by the time I get home. Not uncomfortable, but Ellie Mae does have her own personal fan to keep her cool.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I keep ours at 71.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
We would freeze at those temperatures!! But we live in Arizona and to us anything below 78 is cold :D. I think it has a lot to do with how you are acclimated.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
At night when I'm sleeping we put ours around 65! It is hot here and I do better in the cold!! The dogs love the cold room and just snuggle with a big fleece at night!

OP
mdn525

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
Well that makes me feel a little better...I was just worried she would be too cold since she's still a baby. We keep it around 70-71. Her breathing has been bothering me, it just sounds very phelmy and almost congested.

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
72 here, when we had the house at 75 we noticed a BIG Difference - almost like Gizmo was struggling to be comfortable.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Ours is kept at 74/75 during the day and at night it cools off enough to open the windows. We also have a portable AC unit in our bedroom so I'll run that in the evening for a couple of hours when we head to bed. If its' under 80 out there's no AC on for us and all bullies are just fine. We don't stay too hot here during the summer months and now it's already cooling down to the low 60's at night.

You can also get a cooling pad, Wilson just loves his and is now on his second one. You can get them at KeepDoggiesSafe (they have the best one IMO). I just ordered the one they sell there off Amazon and got it $20 cheaper than KDS. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
72 all the time...may through october

Most Reactions