I don't know how I ended up with another bulldog...

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Welcome to the good life Bullie! (I know Lisa already said this -- but there's no better way to put it!)

I agree with a previous poster; once he knows there's a solid routine he can count on, he'll rock it with that potty thing. He will also learn from the other dogs (the going outside part only hopefully).

Congrats. When do we get to see pics of the whole crew together???!

OP
anatess

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Welcome to the good life Bullie! (I know Lisa already said this -- but there's no better way to put it!)

I agree with a previous poster; once he knows there's a solid routine he can count on, he'll rock it with that potty thing. He will also learn from the other dogs (the going outside part only hopefully).

Congrats. When do we get to see pics of the whole crew together???!

It is quite a challenge getting a pic of all of them together! I've tried and tried and couldn't get a good one. I can't get Angus to sit still when he's next to Bullie. And Angus doesn't sleep with Gizmo and Bullie - he's off on his own corner. If he goes near Bullie they end up playing not sleeping...

And... I think we're done with potty training. We even had an overnighter with the kennel door open. No problemo! Man, this dog is super easy to train. He is scared of getting me upset!

By the way, I can't let his dish roll on the ground... I mean, I have this habit of just shoving their dish to them by sliding it on the floor when I'm in a hurry. Bullie and Gizmo has no problems with it. I did it to Angus and he got so scared by the bowl that he cowered to the corner of the kitchen and wouldn't go near the bowl for an entire day! I had to give him water using the bucket outside!

And he's scared of my husband's discipline methods. My husband has this firm tone and for some reason Angus thinks he's mad at him or something. My husband tried to teach him "Come". And the first time my husband said it, Angus got so scared he pee'd! I tell Angus Come in my way of saying it and he learned to Come to me in just a few tries. I'm starting to wonder if he's had some bad experiences growing up. I'm sure it wasn't his previous dad - he loved that dog like crazy.

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG... congrats! he looks to be a real winner, love the under bite

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I am so glad he is fitting in! He really is handsome. I have missed pictures of Bully too. She is a real looker!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
By the way, I can't let his dish roll on the ground... I mean, I have this habit of just shoving their dish to them by sliding it on the floor when I'm in a hurry. Bullie and Gizmo has no problems with it. I did it to Angus and he got so scared by the bowl that he cowered to the corner of the kitchen and wouldn't go near the bowl for an entire day! I had to give him water using the bucket outside!

Bo has an odd aversion to hearing their stainless steel dishes clang together. No idea when he developed THAT phobia. I use stainless steel, wash and air dry after each meal, and wipe "gravy face" chins because I have zero incidence of "bulldog acne" as a result. So Bo is just going to have to deal. Of course, I make every effort not to TOUCH the bowls together at any point during feeding or cleaning. ha ha ha The things we do for these pups eh? But honestly, if I had to sew a cloth bowl for each feeding to make him happy, I'd do it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.