I don't know how I ended up with another bulldog...

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:wtf:....:peekaboo:

Sooooo..you just skip out..leave the safety of our womb..:ROFL: stay away for months..nary a call or letter..then expect you can just waltz right back in because you got a handsome new man!!

:yes:

OP
anatess

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
:wtf:....:peekaboo:

Sooooo..you just skip out..leave the safety of our womb..:ROFL: stay away for months..nary a call or letter..then expect you can just waltz right back in because you got a handsome new man!!

:yes:

Yep! :D

But then, he is soooo cute!

HIYA BECKY!

Wait... I can't forget to tell y'all...

IT'S BULLIE'S 4TH BDAY TODAY!!!

OP
anatess

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Suggestion for the poopies. Bland diet for 24-48 hours then go to the new kibble. There should be zero diarrhea that way :up:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Why in the world did I not think of that?

Great advice, Heather.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I tried to edit my About Me to add Angus but... I can't seem to do it. I click on Edit About Me and it just re-displays my profile without a way to edit my info. Waaaaa.

I fixed it for you. Don't know why it wouldn't work for you. :) Angus is a cutie!

OP
anatess

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh he's gorgeous! I love love LOVE his colour. How long have you had him? It took Lucy a few days in her new house to be back housetrained again and now I don't worry at all

We got him last night. He had 3 accidents today... he's a wierd dog. He doesn't squat to pee. He's standing, walking around, stops, and out comes the pee without even a knee bend! So, I couldn't quite catch him early enough. He even peed on the mattress! Which worries me a little. Dogs don't normally pee on a mattress unless they're "marking" it. He was laying on the mattress with Bullie and Gizmo, he stands up, walks to the corner like he's about to jump off, but he pee'd instead.

But, so far, he hasn't pee'd twice in the same room. I keep the dogs with me in the office - he pee'd once. I immediately took him out but he was already done. I walk out to the kitchen and he pee'd there. Then the 3rd time was on that mattress.

By the way, he seems to pee A LOT. He pee'd a total of 8 times today and it's only 5:30PM. And he's poop'd 6 times! Big runny piles. But he was on grocery store food and has diarrhea so that's probably why.

Oooh... hope he gets stabilized soon!

By the way, his tail is kinda wierd. It's not the regular stub tail. It's a stub tail but it doesn't really end... an "extension" protrudes out of the end of the stub which is a very skinny tail about 2 inches long.

OP
anatess

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
He is gorgeous! Congrats!!!
Hopefully all the potty issues will work themselves out once he get used to his new home.

LucyLou

Jul 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Lucy was like that initially when we brought her home (she's a rescue and was almost a year old). She would pee and poop constantly. I just made sure we brought her outside every half hour and she was crated when we weren't home. It stopped quickly once she realized the routine. She also had very runny poop and it took a while to get that stabilized. I kept all food away for 24 hours and then slowly started introducing food to her. I also had to go cold turkey with it. It took over a week for me to get her up to what she should be eating for her size.

Just take it slow and I'm sure he will come around. Once again he's beautiful.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BULLIE!!!! How cool that she is 4 now. How is everyone doing???

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Anatess! So glad you're back and now you have a new baby too! I love his coloring and that he's sweet! These bullies get in your blood, huh? Does Bullie like her new brother? I recall you said you had a lot of critters so I guess Gizmo doesn't even bat an eye if you bring home someone new. Well I'm looking forward to your stories as you tell them so well. :jumpdance: Yeah! She's back.

OP
anatess

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BULLIE!!!! How cool that she is 4 now. How is everyone doing???

Anatess! So glad you're back and now you have a new baby too! I love his coloring and that he's sweet! These bullies get in your blood, huh? Does Bullie like her new brother? I recall you said you had a lot of critters so I guess Gizmo doesn't even bat an eye if you bring home someone new. Well I'm looking forward to your stories as you tell them so well. :jumpdance: Yeah! She's back.

Guys, I am in love with English Bulldogs. I mean, yeah they can be really high maintenance. But, something about these dogs pulls your heart strings.

Gizmo, as usual, thinks he's the alpha and the dogs just ignore him. He rules from his perch on someone's lap. LOL. Bullie is the "acting alpha". He goes out the door before everybody else - well, she just bulldozes any dog who tries to get out before her, including Gizmo. Gizmo huffs and puffs but can't blow the house down. LOL. Bullie is the disciplinarian. When we have dog visitors over, she doesn't waste time growling out the rules until everybody behaves. Even my brother-in-law's 100lb German Shepherd. Interestingly, Bullie is just fine having Gizmo get his food first. She just sits there waiting for hers patiently. So, she's alpha but is respectful to Gizmo.

Gizmo is still the wierd dog - still won't play with other dogs, won't eat treats, turns up his nose on chew toys, even when Bullie is having a blast with one. Still marks his territory. Especially now with Angus around, he's doubling up his markings. Silly dog because he wears a diaper so he doesn't really get to mark anything... so he's going around and around trying to mark everything. LOL. He is still very bad with separation anxiety but I've been able to leave the kennel open when he's with Bully and he doesn't get too psychotic. But sometimes I would come home and Bullie would be fast asleep and Gizmo would be shaking like a leaf in his kennel. So, I just keep the kennel door closed for his peace of mind.

Bullie has had zero health issues. I am so proud of her. She stayed with my brother-in-law for 2 weeks while we went on vacation. Usually, when she does this she comes home with health problems. This time, she was perfectly fine! She hasn't had allergies. Oh, we gutted out our entire yard - front and back. Completely. New plants, different grass, everything. She hasn't had allergies since! So yeah, $15,000 for a dog. LOL! Bullie is soooo happy he has Angus to play with now. They love chasing each other around.

Okay, Angus' first day was great. He only had those 3 accidents. No accidents at all that night. No accidents so far today. He is really skinny but then he ate like he hasn't eaten for a month. Okay, so he gets his food last... I give Gizmo his food, then Bullie, then Angus (and he is sooo bad with waiting for his turn, lol!), then I fill up the water bowls while they're eating... and give Gizmo his water bowl, then Bullie, then... when I get to Angus, he's already sitting there with his bowl empty begging for more.... yeah, it's kinda freaky how he inhales his food. I don't think he bothers to chew! I'm pretty sure if there's a fastest-eating dog contest, he'll win Olympic gold. And guess what... Angus can swim! Like a fish! I guess because he's so skinny. Bullie just sinks to the bottom of the pool. LOL!

I didn't tell you - we got a bird a few months ago - an Amazon parrot. And Angus is scared of that bird. LOL! The bird would bark and Angus goes running! LOL! And he's scared of the door. Really wierd. Someone rings the doorbell or knocks on the door and Bullie and Gizmo are rushing to the door, barking. Angus is hiding. HAH HAH!

Last edited:
OP
anatess

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Only one accident today! Yeay!!!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I love it! I feel like I'm right there when you tell your stories. I'm so glad Bullie has someone to run with. How cool that Angus can swim! Gizmo sounds like such a funny guy wearing his diaper and all. My Louie is like that peeing on everything even BabyGirl but I put a stop to that. I'm so jealous that Bullie has no health issues. I'm always worried for Mr. Wilson and his allergies and BabyGirl must've come into contact with something because her face got puffy and pink. Been giving her Benadryl and it seems to be getting better. Happy dogs would make me happy. That's so funny about the bird. My MIL use to have a parrot that could meow and it would drive my MIL's chihuahua crazy as he went looking for the cat.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.