Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I don't know how I ended up with another bulldog...

Bulldog(s) Names
    Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I don't know how I ended up with another bulldog...

He is so gorgeous! I am thrilled that you saved him!! <3

Eagerly and Nervously awaiting the homecoming of Bruno Cannoli

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

Anatess! So glad you're back and now you have a new baby too! I love his coloring and that he's sweet! These bullies get in your blood, huh? Does Bullie like her new brother? I recall you said you had a lot of critters so I guess Gizmo doesn't even bat an eye if you bring home someone new. Well I'm looking forward to your stories as you tell them so well. Yeah! She's back.
    Wilson & BabyGirl

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GatorRay View Post
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY BULLIE!!!! How cool that she is 4 now. How is everyone doing???

Quote Originally Posted by Fontanafox View Post
    Anatess! So glad you're back and now you have a new baby too! I love his coloring and that he's sweet! These bullies get in your blood, huh? Does Bullie like her new brother? I recall you said you had a lot of critters so I guess Gizmo doesn't even bat an eye if you bring home someone new. Well I'm looking forward to your stories as you tell them so well. Yeah! She's back.
    Guys, I am in love with English Bulldogs. I mean, yeah they can be really high maintenance. But, something about these dogs pulls your heart strings.

Gizmo, as usual, thinks he's the alpha and the dogs just ignore him. He rules from his perch on someone's lap. LOL. Bullie is the "acting alpha". He goes out the door before everybody else - well, she just bulldozes any dog who tries to get out before her, including Gizmo. Gizmo huffs and puffs but can't blow the house down. LOL. Bullie is the disciplinarian. When we have dog visitors over, she doesn't waste time growling out the rules until everybody behaves. Even my brother-in-law's 100lb German Shepherd. Interestingly, Bullie is just fine having Gizmo get his food first. She just sits there waiting for hers patiently. So, she's alpha but is respectful to Gizmo.

Gizmo is still the wierd dog - still won't play with other dogs, won't eat treats, turns up his nose on chew toys, even when Bullie is having a blast with one. Still marks his territory. Especially now with Angus around, he's doubling up his markings. Silly dog because he wears a diaper so he doesn't really get to mark anything... so he's going around and around trying to mark everything. LOL. He is still very bad with separation anxiety but I've been able to leave the kennel open when he's with Bully and he doesn't get too psychotic. But sometimes I would come home and Bullie would be fast asleep and Gizmo would be shaking like a leaf in his kennel. So, I just keep the kennel door closed for his peace of mind.

Bullie has had zero health issues. I am so proud of her. She stayed with my brother-in-law for 2 weeks while we went on vacation. Usually, when she does this she comes home with health problems. This time, she was perfectly fine! She hasn't had allergies. Oh, we gutted out our entire yard - front and back. Completely. New plants, different grass, everything. She hasn't had allergies since! So yeah, $15,000 for a dog. LOL! Bullie is soooo happy he has Angus to play with now. They love chasing each other around.

Okay, Angus' first day was great. He only had those 3 accidents. No accidents at all that night. No accidents so far today. He is really skinny but then he ate like he hasn't eaten for a month. Okay, so he gets his food last... I give Gizmo his food, then Bullie, then Angus (and he is sooo bad with waiting for his turn, lol!), then I fill up the water bowls while they're eating... and give Gizmo his water bowl, then Bullie, then... when I get to Angus, he's already sitting there with his bowl empty begging for more.... yeah, it's kinda freaky how he inhales his food. I don't think he bothers to chew! I'm pretty sure if there's a fastest-eating dog contest, he'll win Olympic gold. And guess what... Angus can swim! Like a fish! I guess because he's so skinny. Bullie just sinks to the bottom of the pool. LOL!

I didn't tell you - we got a bird a few months ago - an Amazon parrot. And Angus is scared of that bird. LOL! The bird would bark and Angus goes running! LOL! And he's scared of the door. Really wierd. Someone rings the doorbell or knocks on the door and Bullie and Gizmo are rushing to the door, barking. Angus is hiding. HAH HAH!
    Last edited by anatess; 08-09-2012 at 09:58 AM.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Only one accident today! Yeay!!!

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
    Likes (Received)

Congrats! He's a lucky boy!

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

I love it! I feel like I'm right there when you tell your stories. I'm so glad Bullie has someone to run with. How cool that Angus can swim! Gizmo sounds like such a funny guy wearing his diaper and all. My Louie is like that peeing on everything even BabyGirl but I put a stop to that. I'm so jealous that Bullie has no health issues. I'm always worried for Mr. Wilson and his allergies and BabyGirl must've come into contact with something because her face got puffy and pink. Been giving her Benadryl and it seems to be getting better. Happy dogs would make me happy. That's so funny about the bird. My MIL use to have a parrot that could meow and it would drive my MIL's chihuahua crazy as he went looking for the cat.
    Wilson & BabyGirl

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to the good life Bullie! (I know Lisa already said this -- but there's no better way to put it!)

I agree with a previous poster; once he knows there's a solid routine he can count on, he'll rock it with that potty thing. He will also learn from the other dogs (the going outside part only hopefully).

Congrats. When do we get to see pics of the whole crew together???!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vicaroo1000 View Post
    Welcome to the good life Bullie! (I know Lisa already said this -- but there's no better way to put it!)

I agree with a previous poster; once he knows there's a solid routine he can count on, he'll rock it with that potty thing. He will also learn from the other dogs (the going outside part only hopefully).

Congrats. When do we get to see pics of the whole crew together???!
    It is quite a challenge getting a pic of all of them together! I've tried and tried and couldn't get a good one. I can't get Angus to sit still when he's next to Bullie. And Angus doesn't sleep with Gizmo and Bullie - he's off on his own corner. If he goes near Bullie they end up playing not sleeping...

And... I think we're done with potty training. We even had an overnighter with the kennel door open. No problemo! Man, this dog is super easy to train. He is scared of getting me upset!

By the way, I can't let his dish roll on the ground... I mean, I have this habit of just shoving their dish to them by sliding it on the floor when I'm in a hurry. Bullie and Gizmo has no problems with it. I did it to Angus and he got so scared by the bowl that he cowered to the corner of the kitchen and wouldn't go near the bowl for an entire day! I had to give him water using the bucket outside!

And he's scared of my husband's discipline methods. My husband has this firm tone and for some reason Angus thinks he's mad at him or something. My husband tried to teach him "Come". And the first time my husband said it, Angus got so scared he pee'd! I tell Angus Come in my way of saying it and he learned to Come to me in just a few tries. I'm starting to wonder if he's had some bad experiences growing up. I'm sure it wasn't his previous dad - he loved that dog like crazy.
    Last edited by anatess; 08-13-2012 at 02:16 PM.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

OMG... congrats! he looks to be a real winner, love the under bite
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I am so glad he is fitting in! He really is handsome. I have missed pictures of Bully too. She is a real looker!

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    By the way, I can't let his dish roll on the ground... I mean, I have this habit of just shoving their dish to them by sliding it on the floor when I'm in a hurry. Bullie and Gizmo has no problems with it. I did it to Angus and he got so scared by the bowl that he cowered to the corner of the kitchen and wouldn't go near the bowl for an entire day! I had to give him water using the bucket outside!
    Bo has an odd aversion to hearing their stainless steel dishes clang together. No idea when he developed THAT phobia. I use stainless steel, wash and air dry after each meal, and wipe "gravy face" chins because I have zero incidence of "bulldog acne" as a result. So Bo is just going to have to deal. Of course, I make every effort not to TOUCH the bowls together at any point during feeding or cleaning. ha ha ha The things we do for these pups eh? But honestly, if I had to sew a cloth bowl for each feeding to make him happy, I'd do it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads