How old is a bulldog when you can guess his adult height/weight?

Tuesday123

Jul 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Ralph
I was just wondering, is there a certain age when you can tell how big your bully is going to be? Ralph's 5 months old and is 13" from floor to shoulder and I was wondering if it's possiblt to guess how much taller he's going to get... :bully:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Not too much taller.... The legs grow first. Each bully is different on when the stop growing up and start growing sideways. But you should be fairly close! Let us know in a month if you gain any inches!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Do you have a pic of Ralph standing up?... sometimes its easier to see in a pic. :)

OP
Tuesday123

Tuesday123

Jul 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Ralph
It's not the best picture in the world as he has taken to refusing to stand still for any period of time but this is Ralph stood up...

photo.jpg

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Don't have an answer for you, I'm on my 1st bully and he's an adult we've adopted.

Just wanted to say, Ralph is gorgeous and remark on that unusual marking on top of
his head, please get clear view of that for me, if possible. Blessings!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
It's not the best picture in the world as he has taken to refusing to stand still for any period of time but this is Ralph stood up...

View attachment 25425

Cute pic,,,, I'd say he isnt going to get any or much taller but will continue to fill out for maybe another year. Looks like he is short front to back whiich I like. Our HRH is like that too. She is 5.5+ years. THanx for the pic.

OP
Tuesday123

Tuesday123

Jul 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Ralph
Don't have an answer for you, I'm on my 1st bully and he's an adult we've adopted.

Just wanted to say, Ralph is gorgeous and remark on that unusual marking on top of
his head, please get clear view of that for me, if possible. Blessings!

Sorry for such a delay in replying! Here's a pic of Ralph's markings... And thank you for the compliment. We love him to bits! And he is a little star where we live - everyone comes out to see him and to comment on his appearance!

photo.jpg

Last edited:

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

During the first year they grow up and the second year they grow out.

It's hard to really say how tall he will be. Bullies grow at different rates, but based on the size of his feet, I would say that he will be big. You said 13" to shoulder but is that the point of the shoulder or laying a ruler across the top of the shoulder?

How much does he weigh also is a good indication of how big he will be.

Good Day~

OP
Tuesday123

Tuesday123

Jul 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Ralph
He's 13" to the top of his shoulder from the floor. At the moment he weighs 3.75 stone - not sure whether that's a lot or not!!

Hello,

During the first year they grow up and the second year they grow out.

It's hard to really say how tall he will be. Bullies grow at different rates, but based on the size of his feet, I would say that he will be big. You said 13" to shoulder but is that the point of the shoulder or laying a ruler across the top of the shoulder?

How much does he weigh also is a good indication of how big he will be.

Good Day~

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online