Bike/ stroller recommendations

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
We are thinking about getting a jogging/bike stroller to take the dogs, but not sure which one would work very well. I know it would need to be a double "hammock" style seat, but a lot of them have dividers, which would not be all the comfortable.

Does anyone use one? What brand do you use? Do you take one or multiple dogs?

any and all recommendations would be great.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I do know that most of them have a 30pd weight limit. So Bella yes...but Abby? I thought about one for O, but like that would ever contain her.

OP
B

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
I saw one (only in a box) at Academy Sports, it was a double so the weight limit was 100lbs!!! That is Fine for both. But I couldn't see the seat set up and the clerk was NOT helpful. I asked and all he could say is "I don't know, We don't have one put together" I was waiting for, "let's find out" or "I will find out for you" Nope Nadda Nothing of the sort. It was a good price. Even the ones at the used Sport Stores are expensive. I guess I will head to Craigslist.

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
I really want to get one too! I saw a dog at the airport in one and it seemed so cool. That or he needs roller skates on all 4's so we can get him to walk ;)

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
burley trailers makes some good ones but they are pricey. I heard Costco sells doggie strollers.

Wait...they do? I work for them and have never seen one. Maybe online?

danangel14

Jun 4, 2010
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Dempsey
Wait...they do? I work for them and have never seen one. Maybe online?

I have seen them online. I was looking for them because Butler Blue II, the mascott of Butler U has one. (I follow him on twitter and fb and his pictures are hilarious). He has a real nice ride from Burley Trailers called the "Tail Wagon". $500 is too expensive for me, though :eek:

OP
B

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
It seems like the actual dog stroller are more than human strollers. I was actually looking for a human stroller that would work for dogs. They not only tend to be cheaper but also hold more weight.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
we want one too!!! i have been searching and searching and all the cute ones can only hold 50lbs or less :( and the ones for 80lbs im not so sure of the space inside seems like either the width isnt wide enough or the length isnt long enough.. ive never thougth about lookin at a double stroller its does make sense jsut not sure about the width or if the dogs would actually fit comfy..

OP
B

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
we want one too!!! i have been searching and searching and all the cute ones can only hold 50lbs or less :( and the ones for 80lbs im not so sure of the space inside seems like either the width isnt wide enough or the length isnt long enough.. ive never thougth about lookin at a double stroller its does make sense jsut not sure about the width or if the dogs would actually fit comfy..

The problems with most double strolllers is the way the seats are formed. There is usually a hammock type seat, but then there is a divider in the middle. If the divider wasn't there, it would be perfect. I am afraid to buy one and alter it. That would be a big expense if it didn't work. But not that the cooler weather is hear (mid 80s) I am riding my bike daily and would love to take the dogs. I might have to bite the bullet and get a cheaper one to alter.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.