Rapidly breathing bulldogs why does you pup do it?

Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
Hi all,

Just taking a pulse Bongo does this when he's nervous like when we were on vacation he didn't like it that our room was pitch black so we had to put a nightlight on like at home what a tough guy huh. When we drove home it's a 4 hour drive and he stood the whole way and was rapid breathing and when he did sleep it was like this check it out butt in the air back legs straight up lol. So what brings this on if your pup does this.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344315954.719275.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using
Frank. D

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Anxiety maybe? Must say that is an awkward sleeping position!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I agree that in his case it is likely anxiety. There are some that will do it for what seems like no reason. That is sometimes attributed to air flow and that they just needed a fan or something to circulate the air a little better.

I agree that his position doesn't look to comfy. Very cute though! More puppy pics please!!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
My Usko always travels in that position. I have no idea why, but I hope it's comfortable. He's breathing is normal though.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I agree.... anxiety and the odd position is due to his uncertainty. You may want to talk with your vet about prescribing an anti-anxiety drug for when you take him on a car ride. We have to give Banks Xanax 20 mins before we take her in the car

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.