Terrible twos?!?!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
oh my how can you get mad at that. but yes correction now is important id say. im lucky as sarah never had this stage. we got her when she was one but she never had a nipping and crazy stage but she did play alot more than she does now.

Sandy? If you're feeling like you've missed out I can send you Abby for a little while. I'm sure she'll find your hair as tasty as mine :D

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Sandy? If you're feeling like you've missed out I can send you Abby for a little while. I'm sure she'll find your hair as tasty as mine :D
well thank you bev but ive already had my hair trimmed this month;)

OP
mcraven2

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
We went through a stage like that with Gypsy but she was closer to 1 year old. She would just go nuts! She got over it with correction (similiar to what you are doing). He may be bored, but there isn't much you can do about it just yet with the heat. Hopefully, it will cool down a bit and he can learn to fetch or something. I am sorry you got hurt but try not to be afraid. He is likely not trying to hurt you. Does he play with Diva much? Ours get their energy out playing with each other. It is a little rough, as is typical for a bully, but it really helps. Gypsy had a nutso period the other night but it is likely because Gator is on crate rest and can't play (unrelated to their playing).

Yes him and Diva play together all the time, but when he starts getting like that she will usually let him know it's not okay. She doesn't let him play rough with her which is good since he has 33lbs on her, and I think Gio gets a little scared of her (she gets kinda witchy* :ROFL: well she is a Diva!). I know he's not trying to injure us, but he is just so strong hahaha! I think until the weather gets cooler we are just gonna really have to work on calming him down before he even gets crazy!

OP
mcraven2

mcraven2

Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
remember @ 2 a bully becomes .... a TEENAGER . . rebellious etc :) :) ENJOY! (we have another 18 months until Hershey is there. And Gizmo doesnt seem effected by the 2's :) :)

He is most definitely a teenager!! Hopefully it doesn't last much longer!! And you're so lucky that Gizmo isn't effected by the teen! Lets hope Hershey won't be either! Thank god Diva is here, she usually puts her little (but much bigger) bro in place!:lol:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Yes him and Diva play together all the time, but when he starts getting like that she will usually let him know it's not okay. She doesn't let him play rough with her which is good since he has 33lbs on her, and I think Gio gets a little scared of her (she gets kinda witchy* :ROFL: well she is a Diva!). I know he's not trying to injure us, but he is just so strong hahaha! I think until the weather gets cooler we are just gonna really have to work on calming him down before he even gets crazy!
B

Good for Diva! Bullies do play pretty rough with each other. They are pretty mouthy and with all of that thick, loose skin I don't think they really feel it like people and some dogs do. And they ARE strong!!! With Gator having issues with walking, I am afraid Gypsy would jump on him with her fat but and hurt him more! They are just too funny. I love all of the personality :)

OP
mcraven2

mcraven2

Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin and Lilly are both 2 right now and I think for the most part they've been the same PITA's as they've always been :D I do recall myself saying a couple times 'ugh terrible twos' when they first turned 2.....but either it was a flook (sp?) or they trained me to just deal with it.

Oh my goodness, two 2 year olds!!! And I thought one 2 year old was bad enough!

OP
mcraven2

mcraven2

Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby does this now. She'll come charging at me from another room and dive on my head if I'm laying on the couch, if I'm in the chair she sneaks up behind me and bites my feet. God forbid I'm sleeping and she doesn't think I need a nap. That's when the hair pulling and nose biting starts :laugh:

She's got this new thing with Otis. She has toys in her basket that she hasn't touched for months. If Otis goes to the basket to get a toy, she takes it from him. He will get another one, she will take that one too. Over and over and over he just gives up the toy and tries for a different one.

Eventually she will stop but I'm usually laughing too hard to punish her for it. It's just great to see her playful and feisty.

That's so funny that Abby does that to to Otis, my frenchie does that to Gio ALLLLL the time!! Diva will be sleeping and when she hears Gio play with a toy she will get up and take it from him and go back to sleep, and Gio is too afraid to get it back!! And she is about 30lbs lighter then him!! Abby sounds so much like Diva, they're both just letting the boys know who's the boss!!

Tuesday123

Jul 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Ralph
Ralph plays like that on occasions resulting in nasty cuts for both me and John. I thought he was just being playful after a growing spurt because he's only little, clearly we have a lot more of this to look forward to!!

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Oh my goodness, two 2 year olds!!! And I thought one 2 year old was bad enough!

That's right TWO - TWO YEAR OLDS. Just remember that when your one is acting up...you could be dealing with 2! No, they're really not that bad. Lilly gets a little crazy, but Bruin is sooo lazy.

EBDR35

Oct 4, 2011
Snowy has had her share of cutting/scratching/biting me. She does this every now and then if i Intimidate her or stomp my foot by her playing around. I know she enjoys it so everyone once in a while its okay, but when its too much i'll make her stop and she will.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online