I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn, but maybe my login name gave it away...lol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Terrible twos?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Twice View Post
    Abby does this now. She'll come charging at me from another room and dive on my head if I'm laying on the couch, if I'm in the chair she sneaks up behind me and bites my feet. God forbid I'm sleeping and she doesn't think I need a nap. That's when the hair pulling and nose biting starts

She's got this new thing with Otis. She has toys in her basket that she hasn't touched for months. If Otis goes to the basket to get a toy, she takes it from him. He will get another one, she will take that one too. Over and over and over he just gives up the toy and tries for a different one.

Eventually she will stop but I'm usually laughing too hard to punish her for it. It's just great to see her playful and feisty.
    Sounds just like mine, too funny. Except for the part with the toys/Otis we only have the one.
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn, but maybe my login name gave it away...lol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mcraven2 View Post
    Okay so lately (past couple of months) Gio has been insane! When we start to play with him he will be fine then all of a sudden he becomes crazy, he will start jumping up and down on us and nipping, and when I correct him he gets crazier and will start barking at me! He only acts this way towards the family but I just don't want it to get to the point where I don't trust him playing with other people. Now a few months back when I was walking them in the woods I bumped into another bully owner and he was joking around with me pretty much saying "good luck" since I told him that Gio just turned two. His EB Charlie is 7, and he said that when Charlie was 2 he was in his terrible twos stage! And then tonight while I was playing with them outside I was sitting on the grass and he jumped up while his mouth was open and gave me a cut on my lip and gave me a cut on my forehead. I don't know if it's his age or maybe since it has been so hot the past few months and he is pretty much stuck inside all day long and he might just be getting bored?! I have been using one of the TV rooms that is gated as his timeout area, or pretty much his "cool down" area. We will all just ignore him for a few minutes while he relaxes and calms down. He is such a good boy and this is SO out of character for him so any comments or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Thanks and sorry for the ramble!!

And it's hard to stay mad at him when he is this cute!!!
    Attachment 25221
    How could you be upset with that face
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

oh my how can you get mad at that. but yes correction now is important id say. im lucky as sarah never had this stage. we got her when she was one but she never had a nipping and crazy stage but she did play alot more than she does now.

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cowsmom View Post
    oh my how can you get mad at that. but yes correction now is important id say. im lucky as sarah never had this stage. we got her when she was one but she never had a nipping and crazy stage but she did play alot more than she does now.

Sandy? If you're feeling like you've missed out I can send you Abby for a little while. I'm sure she'll find your hair as tasty as mine

For me, her name was Abby
    10/24/2011 - 11/23/1012

Obtaining a dog license should require more than writing a check.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Sandy? If you're feeling like you've missed out I can send you Abby for a little while. I'm sure she'll find your hair as tasty as mine
    well thank you bev but ive already had my hair trimmed this month

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GatorRay View Post
    We went through a stage like that with Gypsy but she was closer to 1 year old. She would just go nuts! She got over it with correction (similiar to what you are doing). He may be bored, but there isn't much you can do about it just yet with the heat. Hopefully, it will cool down a bit and he can learn to fetch or something. I am sorry you got hurt but try not to be afraid. He is likely not trying to hurt you. Does he play with Diva much? Ours get their energy out playing with each other. It is a little rough, as is typical for a bully, but it really helps. Gypsy had a nutso period the other night but it is likely because Gator is on crate rest and can't play (unrelated to their playing).
    Yes him and Diva play together all the time, but when he starts getting like that she will usually let him know it's not okay. She doesn't let him play rough with her which is good since he has 33lbs on her, and I think Gio gets a little scared of her (she gets kinda witchy* well she is a Diva!). I know he's not trying to injure us, but he is just so strong hahaha! I think until the weather gets cooler we are just gonna really have to work on calming him down before he even gets crazy!
    Princess, Diva, and Gio <3

Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RaRett View Post
    remember @ 2 a bully becomes .... a TEENAGER . . rebellious etc ENJOY! (we have another 18 months until Hershey is there. And Gizmo doesnt seem effected by the 2's
    He is most definitely a teenager!! Hopefully it doesn't last much longer!! And you're so lucky that Gizmo isn't effected by the teen! Lets hope Hershey won't be either! Thank god Diva is here, she usually puts her little (but much bigger) bro in place!

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Yes him and Diva play together all the time, but when he starts getting like that she will usually let him know it's not okay. She doesn't let him play rough with her which is good since he has 33lbs on her, and I think Gio gets a little scared of her (she gets kinda witchy* well she is a Diva!). I know he's not trying to injure us, but he is just so strong hahaha! I think until the weather gets cooler we are just gonna really have to work on calming him down before he even gets crazy!
    B

Good for Diva! Bullies do play pretty rough with each other. They are pretty mouthy and with all of that thick, loose skin I don't think they really feel it like people and some dogs do. And they ARE strong!!! With Gator having issues with walking, I am afraid Gypsy would jump on him with her fat but and hurt him more! They are just too funny. I love all of the personality

Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LillyNBruin View Post
    Bruin and Lilly are both 2 right now and I think for the most part they've been the same PITA's as they've always been I do recall myself saying a couple times 'ugh terrible twos' when they first turned 2.....but either it was a flook (sp?) or they trained me to just deal with it.
    Oh my goodness, two 2 year olds!!! And I thought one 2 year old was bad enough!

Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Abby does this now. She'll come charging at me from another room and dive on my head if I'm laying on the couch, if I'm in the chair she sneaks up behind me and bites my feet. God forbid I'm sleeping and she doesn't think I need a nap. That's when the hair pulling and nose biting starts

She's got this new thing with Otis. She has toys in her basket that she hasn't touched for months. If Otis goes to the basket to get a toy, she takes it from him. He will get another one, she will take that one too. Over and over and over he just gives up the toy and tries for a different one.

Eventually she will stop but I'm usually laughing too hard to punish her for it. It's just great to see her playful and feisty.
    That's so funny that Abby does that to to Otis, my frenchie does that to Gio ALLLLL the time!! Diva will be sleeping and when she hears Gio play with a toy she will get up and take it from him and go back to sleep, and Gio is too afraid to get it back!! And she is about 30lbs lighter then him!! Abby sounds so much like Diva, they're both just letting the boys know who's the boss!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Ralph
    Likes (Received)

Ralph plays like that on occasions resulting in nasty cuts for both me and John. I thought he was just being playful after a growing spurt because he's only little, clearly we have a lot more of this to look forward to!!

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Ashley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruin & Lilly
    Likes (Received)

Oh my goodness, two 2 year olds!!! And I thought one 2 year old was bad enough!
    That's right TWO - TWO YEAR OLDS. Just remember that when your one is acting up...you could be dealing with 2! No, they're really not that bad. Lilly gets a little crazy, but Bruin is sooo lazy.
    "The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads