Tremors

OP
Emily

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
Awh, 2BullyMamma! That breaks my heart! Poor thing! He is adorable! Yes, that is exactly what he was doing! Thank you so much for sharing Tgat video!
Thank you Sherry! I will give him some for you! Thanks!
Thank you too RescueMe. I feel a lot better!
You guys are great!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Awh, 2BullyMamma! That breaks my heart! Poor thing! He is adorable! Yes, that is exactly what he was doing! Thank you so much for sharing Tgat video!

you are welcome... they are scary when you first see one, but once you know there is no pain and it basically is like a muscle spasm sure does give you some relief. Hugs to that sweet little girl... she is a beauty!

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
We've been awaken in the middle of the night by Gizmo having tremors - I dont think its stress related for her, as she is out cold sleeping when it happens. We tried the Karo Syrup, but the best for us, is just LOUDLY CLAPPING our hands and Shouting her name. *CLAP GIZMO!*

it usually startles her out of it. Its very scarey at first

OP
Emily

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
Thank you. I am very relieved! I have learned so much from this board. I love it! Thank you!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
OMG!!! Thank you for posting that pic of Debo!!!!! Beautiful bully.

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Dozer had this tonight. I saw it and took him to the emergency vet and now we are waiting to see a doctor. This thread has calmed my nerves but I'm still scared. I'll keep everyone updated.

Last edited:

Taylor

Jul 10, 2012
Pittsburgh
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Charlotte Elizabeth
I LOVE you guys!!! This happened to Charlotte actually for the first time THIS MORNING (coincidence?) and I was worried sick that she had epilepsy, or a brain tumor, or something ridiculously horrible.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I LOVE you guys!!! This happened to Charlotte actually for the first time THIS MORNING (coincidence?) and I was worried sick that she had epilepsy, or a brain tumor, or something ridiculously horrible.

They are scary as heck, but a simple treat will stop it. Hugs to you sweet girl!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer had this tonight. I saw it and took him to the emergency vet and now we are waiting to see a doctor. This thread has calmed my nerves but I'm still scared. I'll keep everyone updated.

How is your boy doing.... all good?

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
How is your boy doing.... all good?

Just left was in there a long time, he is doing fine. They did some basic neurological checks and said he is ok. I am going to keep my eye on it but it seems that, at least according to this thread, it is somewhat common. Thanks everyone.

gracoliv

Jan 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie and Oliver
Both mine have had them ! Gracie's are slower and its like she is nodding her head to say "yes", but Oliver's are much jerkyer (sp) and he is moving his head side to side, like he is saying "no". Kinda weird, really unsettling. Both mine have them when they are sleeping !

OP
Emily

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
I love this board too!

Those tremors are scary! I guess just make sure it doesn't turn into a seizure, it is if he loses consciousness!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
What a sweet picture that is!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello, Welcome.

Lots of good comments and advice here.
Yes, tremors are somewhat common. We have 7 now but only one of them has the tremors.

What we have found is that if DOZER doesn't drink enough water, he will more likely get them. It also seems to be common in the summer because it is hot, and then he won't drink water outside with the others. So I give him a bowl of water inside every day so I can make sure he is getting enough water.

The major concern and difference between a tremor and seizure is with a tremor there is no loss of control and awareness. Distracting them will help to snap them out of it. We have also learned that low blood sugar can bring these on as well. So, when Dozer is having one, I give him two Otter pops and within 30 seconds he has stopped. Its Cold, liquid and sugar. He likes the blue and red the best.

G'Day~

Most Reactions