Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When is the government going to do something?

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: When is the government going to do something?

Rumor has it, in Florida anyways that within 2 years there will be fines for not spaying and neutering, I guess you would have to get a breeder permit for puppies that you do not spay or neuter. I have not heard it myself, but my co-worker told me the other day and since she has horses, goats etc...the are not exempt it is for all animals.

@desertskybulldogs: I was going to ask you about the whole registering litters. Doesn't a vet have to sign off on the litter papers? For some reason I thought they did, that would mean that there are a lot of vets out there not being honest, I mean esp with Bulldogs and the need for C-sections. I would think that if they don't have to sign the papers, at least they would be suspicious for health certs etc...I wonder if they are obligated to report possible AKC fraud.

Also I noticed that the "breeders" getting caught with imports, they are finding out from Airport listings for puppy shipments. Is this public record? Can we check on our own airports and see who is accepting these shipments?

Always with me

Bulldog Walker Become a 4 Paw Member Kikiwhoa21's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicky! :)
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chev Chelios && Faith
    Likes (Received)

Everyone here has such amazing ideas! I really do feel that this is a topic that some just dont care about as much as other && turn there cheek the other way when seeing it happen or knowledge of it. Its so sad!! I wish EVERYONE could && would see the beauty of these amazing creatures! They're not just property or stupid pets with no feelings. It makes me mad.. some people feel that there are bigger problems out there that the gov needs to get a handle on before they deal with this.. tisk tisk. its really a shame. I say we all start somewhere && try to do something about this! Whether its more public awarness or protesting or Something!! It needs to start somewhere for other to see && realize the ugly in it~!
    .Peace.Love.&&.Bullies.<3

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Moses
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I agree with the education thought... take this video for example YouTube - English Bulldogs puppies for sale - www.mauiexpokennel.com call us @ 786-206-9330 , and read all the comments... I don't know the history of this kennel or puppy store, but seeing the volume of puppies should at least be raising some flags.. The comments are all about how cute they are, people wanting one, and people bragging that they bought one, but nobody asking about the parents or why there are so many.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chester
    Likes (Received)

I agree..the stress on the bodies of these poor little puppies when transporting around the country the way they do is horrible. I hate putting my luggage in the belly of an airplane, much less any kind of animal
    It's a Bully thing <3

When the bully was created, it licked the hand of God and God stroked its head, saying, "What do you want, baby bully?" It replied, "My Lord, I want to stay with you, in heaven, on a mat in front of the gate."

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

I tried to leave a comment on that video. But no, it must be approved before it will be posted. Maybe we could flag it or something...? Its so sad.
    <3 Bacon and Danny

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman, LeRoy and China
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bella'sMom View Post
    Rumor has it, in Florida anyways that within 2 years there will be fines for not spaying and neutering, I guess you would have to get a breeder permit for puppies that you do not spay or neuter. I have not heard it myself, but my co-worker told me the other day and since she has horses, goats etc...the are not exempt it is for all animals.

?
    How would they enforce this? That would be very hard to do. Alot of the puppies that are imported are still too young to spay/neuter. Good luck ... I hope it works out though!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads