Sick Bully or not into the Bragg's APV??

mygirlsmomma

Feb 14, 2012
Lake Stevens
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Sick Bully or not into the Bragg's ACV??

I have given Ellie regular ACV for some time now because I haven't seen any Bragg's when I go to the store. Well I finally had the brilliant idea to go to the Health Food store and I found it!!!! Well now Ellie isn't finishing her food all gone..... which is SO not like her! I haven't changed anything in her diet- she gets fed TOTW Salmon but I will be changing her food in the next month or so. Any other suggestions???

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Re: Sick Bully or not into the Bragg's ACV??

I have given Ellie regular ACV for some time now because I haven't seen any Bragg's when I go to the store. Well I finally had the brilliant idea to go to the Health Food store and I found it!!!! Well now Ellie isn't finishing her food all gone..... which is SO not like her! I haven't changed anything in her diet- she gets fed TOTW Salmon but I will be changing her food in the next month or so. Any other suggestions???
if this started when you changed the acv for braggs id stop it or go back to the one i was using before see if she goes back to normal. i dont know if you have tasted that stuff but it tastes awful to me.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I would go back to the ACV. You know, you can mix a little local honey and it makes it taste much better as well as helping them with any environmental allergies. If you do, just try a little bit (like a tsp) and make sure it is LOCAL honey and not just the general honey off of the grocery shelf (unless they carry local and some do like Whole Foods). Plus, I tend to go for the wildflower variety.

I do this with people AND pets :)

OP
mygirlsmomma

mygirlsmomma

Feb 14, 2012
Lake Stevens
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Ok thank you!!!! I will try the honey first- do you think I could "water" the ACV down with a little of the other stuff I was using?? I know this stuff SMELLS horrible so I don't blame her for being picky, but I am getting worried. Thanks for your help!

SunDog

Mar 26, 2011
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Lupe (or Lulu)
did your old ACV have the "mother" in it? The Braggs has that--the cloudy stuff--which is supposed to be even more healthy, but I frankly can't stomach it. Literally makes my stomach turn. But there are so many variable swhen it comes to eating, so you just have to keep an eagle eye on you baby until everything is back to normal. What a cutie!

OP
mygirlsmomma

mygirlsmomma

Feb 14, 2012
Lake Stevens
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
did your old ACV have the "mother" in it? The Braggs has that--the cloudy stuff--which is supposed to be even more healthy, but I frankly can't stomach it. Literally makes my stomach turn. But there are so many variable swhen it comes to eating, so you just have to keep an eagle eye on you baby until everything is back to normal. What a cutie!

The other stuff I was using didn't have the "mother" in it- and wasn't helping her tear stains so that is why I bought Bragg's. Now when I say she isn't finishing all of her food- I mean that she DOES- it just isn't in her normal- swallow hole and in one gulp fashion I am used to. She takes a break and basically forces herself to finish. Maybe the hot weather is to blame? I just don't know. But with a bully- the ONLY way I would know if something is wrong is her eating habits- she sleeps a good chunk of the day so that isn't a good measure for me. She is still playful but she has been sleeping in most mornings- but like last night she was up most of the night uncomfortable.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Have you tried putting it in her water instead? That might help if it is stinky. I do that occasionally too.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I had no idea about ACV and tear stains! This is the first I have heard of it! How well does it work?

OP
mygirlsmomma

mygirlsmomma

Feb 14, 2012
Lake Stevens
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
I had no idea about ACV and tear stains! This is the first I have heard of it! How well does it work?

Here is a really good article on EBN about tear stains http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...id-of-these-tear-stains-on-my-English-Bulldog-! I tried the tums 2x a day with no luck. I have been using regualr (Heinz) ACV with some improvement but not for long so that is why I switched to the Bragg's. I clean her wrinkles with Peroxide which helps- I tried using the Tucks pads because of the Witch Hazel but she runs away and hides when I open that stinky container. She hates her face being touched but the breeder I got her from said to use Vagisil on her wrinkles and I try to do that every day she lets me. I will be switching food soon though. Hope this helps!

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
What food is she on now? I have never heard of the vagisil either but makes sense that it would work with the wrinkles! I dont have a tear stain problem yet but I use this gel that is made for tear stains. I will have to try this if I ever need it!

OP
mygirlsmomma

mygirlsmomma

Feb 14, 2012
Lake Stevens
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
What food is she on now? I have never heard of the vagisil either but makes sense that it would work with the wrinkles! I dont have a tear stain problem yet but I use this gel that is made for tear stains. I will have to try this if I ever need it!

She is on TOTW Salmon but I would like to switch to something else. I am really wanting to try raw but will need a freezer and think I would like to do more research before I start.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well my thing is that the bragg might be better acv but if your dog doesnt want to eat it not really better. i guess you could try putting it in some canned food or something else to disguise it or try another brand or go back to your old brand till something else comes along. its hard with tearing as it can be food or environmental. good luck and keep us updated

OP
mygirlsmomma

mygirlsmomma

Feb 14, 2012
Lake Stevens
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
We are seeing the vet tomorrow and I have a list of questions to ask- allergies top the list. Hopefully can get this sorted out soon:) thank you

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: I use regular ACV in there water an they love it an when they come in from going potty I spray ACV on baby wipes an rub them down it makes them smell good shiny hair no fleas no horse flies no gnants on them when were outside It's awesome I love it franklin had a yeast infection on his tail and it's gone 4 or5 days of spaying his butt an tail an it gone I love this stuff works great for everything

OP
mygirlsmomma

mygirlsmomma

Feb 14, 2012
Lake Stevens
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Vet says sick bully:( She got a rash Tuesday so we went to the vet yesterday, and we got some antibiotics and she said to keep giving her Benadryl for her itchies. But we still don't know what's up with the belly issues. Hopefully whatever it is will clear up with the meds.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online