Bulldog ears

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I was wondering if usually both bulldog ears change or can their be one unchanged? I know another member [MENTION=3247]Aldo4ever[/MENTION] is having the same situation with her pup as I am! One of Lola's ears have changed but the other is limp and has no signs of changing. The other one changed about 3 days ago. Thanks!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
It can go eather way, so you can just waite or I also know that some people use glue to try to perk them up. Not anything stronger than the one that is used with false eye lashes.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Her ear has no signs of changing but I go to the vet on the 9th and I will ask what he thinks I need to do. She looks cute but I like the look of the rose ear that she has. Im not sure I would want to glue it because thats got to be uncomfortable for them. Anyone have any other advise?

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Lola first year 025.jpg Lola first year 027.jpg
Zoey with her favorite person my hubby and her rose ear and limp ear. She looks so cute!

wouldtick

Jul 22, 2012
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Barley's Rainbow Cupcake
I just got my first bulldog last Saturday. The gluing of his ears did not go so well. Not sure if the breeder put too much glue on there but it was haven for bacteria, yeast, infection. It is skin on skin glued together for days / weeks. My dog stunk and baths didn't work. Once i was able to get his ears apart and clean them the smell instantly went away. We are still picking little pieces of glue off of him but trying not to take anymore hair. His ears are no longer inflamed and we are not going to glue them again. He looks perfect to me and my family. Of course if you are going to show him, you will have to make your loved one endure this procedure.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
IMO I wouldnt glue ears or have anything done to them...Bulldogs continue to grow until about 2 years old so she has lots of time to grow and lots of changes to go through...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks did not have anything done to her ears, but Nitschke's ears were taped done well before we got him.

Tuesday123

Jul 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Ralph
Ralph had one limp ear while he was a few months old, but at 4 1/2 months the issue resolved itself. Our breeder told us that it is generally caused by teething, and that if the ear carriage of the parents and pup is generally good then the problem should sort itself out!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Princess Gracie is 5.5 years old... her left ear hangs down and her right ear cups. Her ears are one of her most endearing features. I wouldnt change them for anything! :angelheart:

HRHjuly2012.jpg

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
I just got my first bulldog last Saturday. The gluing of his ears did not go so well. Not sure if the breeder put too much glue on there but it was haven for bacteria, yeast, infection. It is skin on skin glued together for days / weeks. My dog stunk and baths didn't work. Once i was able to get his ears apart and clean them the smell instantly went away. We are still picking little pieces of glue off of him but trying not to take anymore hair. His ears are no longer inflamed and we are not going to glue them again. He looks perfect to me and my family. Of course if you are going to show him, you will have to make your loved one endure this procedure.

Dublin's breeder did the same thing. I was horrified when I went to pick her up and saw that her ears were glued. (should have been a big red flag for me right there and then) It took me forever to get the glue off but it was the first thing I did when I took that poor baby home. I love the beautiful turned out ears on the bullies, but for the most part dublin's lay down and she is just as adorable that way. They are so unique in so many ways and we should celebrate it not change it.

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
She looks exactly like Bruno did a couple days ago. It took 5 days for the second ear to catch up to the first. I think lola's will do the same as Bruno!! Love the lopsided look though! She is SO CUTE!!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Wilson's ears popped right up and he has thick gorgeous ears. Emmas' right one is semi popped up but her left shows now signs of coming up yet, it's limp too. She's 8 months now. I'm not sure if it will ever come up but that's ok if it doesn. :luv: Lola is a cutie!!

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
I was a little freaked out when we picked up Rudy and his ears were glued. I really didn' think about it when we had visited earlier and his ears kinda drooped forward. Then I thought about Tyler (RIP) who had so many ear infections because his ears didn't allow for air flow. Altough Tyler was a very handsome dog, with his folded forward ears, he would have been much more comfortable if the breeder had trained his ears in his early months. We kept Rudy's ears glued for a couple weeks to make sure they wouln't fall forward. Nice open ears. Don't really care about the rose ear thing. Personality and health are more important. We just re-glued Mila's (16 weeks) ears because they were falling forward. Again not looking for the rose ear look but want healthy ears. Sometimes a couple weeks of discomfort can prevent a lifetime of problems.

Tyler is the brindle shown as my avatar

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.