Hot weather and Cool pool

mygirlsmomma

Feb 14, 2012
Lake Stevens
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
So I went to 4 different stores and called 2 others before I FINALLY found a puppy pool and I get it home- all set up and TUBO Ellie won't do more than drink from it. I have lifted her up and put her in it and she just jumps out. Oh bully girl......:loco2:

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Gio and Diva do the same thing! They don't want to even go near it when I bring it out!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
My dogs got into their pool only a couple of times. Now all I see is a stray cat stopping by to get a drink.

PeterPanAndWendy

Jul 27, 2011
Lindsey, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pan Cake
Pan doesn't like his either. I truly believe that he thinks all water outside of his dish is evil and should be shunned and or he should hide from it. When we go on the boat and jump in, he gets all freaked out and runs from side to side barking like crazy, but don't you dare put him in... Lol it's too funny!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Has it been hot when you've put her in it? Maybe she has figure it out for her self that it helps to cool her down??? At least thats what I think happened with Usko. It was a warm day and there was a few bullie girls around so you can imagine Uskos excitement. After we first put him in there he noticed that it was a nice place to back to when things got warmed up.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
We have a similar situation here. Bea loves her pool and won't get OUT of it. Bo won't go near it.

Friday, I bought a bigger kiddie pool on the way home from work. The weatherman said 90 degrees. Would massive HEAT be an inspiration for him? I set up two pools yesterday - one for each - and Bea gleefully jumped back and forth between the two pools. Bo sniffed the pool, got in for two seconds and then went laid down in the tiny bit of dirt back there and rolled around in it.

I gave the smaller pool to the neighbor lady.

OP
mygirlsmomma

mygirlsmomma

Feb 14, 2012
Lake Stevens
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
We have a similar situation here. Bea loves her pool and won't get OUT of it. Bo won't go near it.

Friday, I bought a bigger kiddie pool on the way home from work. The weatherman said 90 degrees. Would massive HEAT be an inspiration for him? I set up two pools yesterday - one for each - and Bea gleefully jumped back and forth between the two pools. Bo sniffed the pool, got in for two seconds and then went laid down in the tiny bit of dirt back there and rolled around in it.

Well that was sweet of him! I will see how Ellie does today and I am just going to leave it up to her. I felt so bad last night after it cooled down outside it was still very warm inside and Miss Belly still wanted to cuddle with me but kept moving all over to cool off. Finally I grabbed an ice pack and that settled her down.

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Aubie loves her pool. She constantly gets in it if its hot or you leave her outside with it too long. She learned quickly that it keeps her cool. Actually, its a plus for me because she will happily get in the tub for a bath all by herself now since it has water in it.

mistshadow

Dec 30, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Athena and Ty
We haven't gotten a pool yet for Athena. But she absolutely loves water, unfortunately she doesn't realize she sinks and doesn't swim. Anyway, in the mean time she loves to play in the hose. We will leave it running on the ground and she will literally just lay on top of the water coming out and won't let the other dogs have any water. Part selfishness I'm sure, as she things everything is hers.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
That's all Emma does too, gets her feet wet but that's it. Now Wilson, he's constantly in his pool and will sit in it for a good 10 minutes each time.

OP
mygirlsmomma

mygirlsmomma

Feb 14, 2012
Lake Stevens
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
OK! So I take back my SARCASTIC comment about the "water bowl" I am VERY GRATEFUL now for it- our pump went out and have to wait until tomorrow for someone to come out and fix it!!!! THANK GOD I bought the pool!!! Even if she won't sit in it-she can still drink the water!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.