GGGRRRRR.... Do not leave your dog in the car when its 102 outside!

PeterPanAndWendy

Jul 27, 2011
Lindsey, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pan Cake
Okay, I love taking Pan everywhere with me! He loves car rides and I love loading him up for our next adventure.

However, today is was 102 degrees outside according to my gauge in my truck. So Pan was not allowed to leave the house, except to go potty.

Well we went to a poker run today, and I was asked to run to the store to pick up some water. When I pulled into the parking spot I noticed that there was a little dog in the car next to me. They left one window cracked, and this poor baby was trying to get his nose out of the crack, he was panting heavily, and looked miserable.

I was parked next to him for about five minutes, waiting for the owner to reappear. After that I took down their plate number and walked into the store to have them paged. I waited there for a few minutes and headed back to call the police and the humane society - and to break that window!

Well, I walked out and the people were at their car... I walk up giving them the look of death and shaking my head. She knew she was in trouble. I started with you do realize that its 100 degrees outside and that poor baby was trying to get his nose out of the crack in the one window you left down for him. He was panting heavily and looked like he was in distress. Her response, we only thought we were running in and out. As soon as I heard the page I came out.

I told her she almost came out to a broken car window. She was like, I looked for a shady spot... Hello, it doesn't matter! You left your baby in the car, he could have died, it only takes minutes for the temperatures in your car to become deadly.

I got the I'll never do it again (yeah right) and left fuming! People are so stupid. Let's see how long she could have sat in that car in those conditions!

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Aaaarrrgggh that makes me so angry. I'm kind of surprised that she was so 'admitting and apologetic' about it. Usually stupid people think they've done nothing wrong and would say F U to the concerned person. I really wish pet 'owners' were held more responsible. If that was a human baby in the car she would have had dss called on her and she would be investigated. I find it hard not to hit people sometimes and i calm myself by saying 'i do not want to go to jail, i do not want to go to jail' :nope:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh this just makes me mad. i would love to take sarah with me to the store here in the small place he lives in but its to hot. she gives me the look of death when i leave without her but there no way i would chance it. i dont know whats wrong with people. im glad there are people like you who hold these peeps acountable for their stupidity.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
:cursing: The nerve of people! There is no way I could sit in a car in 80degree weather with the window cracked a little nevermind an animal! I bring Brutus with me everywhere I go but never on really hot days and if he does come so does hubby so someone can stay in the car with the a/c blasting

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Good for you for saying something! People are so dumb sometimes!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:bravo: .... i freakin hate people with that level of ignorance

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I saw this on FB and thought I would share here. People can be so stupid and heartless.

306791_10151011412308168_1475823006_n.jpg

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Ok, I am preaching to the choir, but for goodness sakes! When you bring a pet home, you are responsible for their life, comfort, health, happiness, everything! You have to make sure that they get EVERYTHING they need. Kind of like a baby! What kind of moron does something like that! It really shows their character.

I reported someone to the police last summer and let me tell you, if policeman hadn't been around the corner, I would have broken that window for sure. My daughters were just having hissy fits crying and looking at that poor dog. Pretty sad when a 6 year old knows better!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
It's amazing that this is still happening! People are also leaving their dogs out side shops and when they get stolen they cry how did this happen???? Arrggh, and who really suffers! I never ever leave Usko alone anywhere else than his own home. And to tell you the truth even that pains me....
dogs_cars.jpg

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
It's amazing that this is still happening! People are also leaving their dogs out side shops and when they get stolen they cry how did this happen???? Arrggh, and who really suffers! I never ever leave Usko alone anywhere else than his own home. And to tell you the truth even that pains me....
View attachment 25120

A member here shared that very graphic which I promptly turned into fliers that I keep in my truck.
I have added the line on the bottom of the graphic. It says this:

"I called the cops too, by the way. You @*&(^ Moron." (The swear word is spelled out by the way. And if I ever see this I shall INDEED call the cops) :yes:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
A member here shared that very graphic which I promptly turned into fliers that I keep in my truck.
I have added the line on the bottom of the graphic. It says this:

"I called the cops too, by the way. You @*&(^ Moron." (The swear word is spelled out by the way. And if I ever see this I shall INDEED call the cops) :yes:

That is a GREAT idea. I will have to steal it.

mistshadow

Dec 30, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Athena and Ty
Bless you, you probably saved that poor puppies life! People like that should not own dogs. My dogs love to go bye bye, but we haven't taken them any where in months due to the heat around here. Of course they think they are being punished, but I've already had Athena in for heat stroke just from taking her outside. It angers me that people are so stupid!

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Thank you for helping that poor thing. I just don't understand the stupidity of people. The other day we were running errands (without Frank because it was mid-80s and he would rather snooze at home in front of the A/C vent anyway) and I decided to sit in the car while the husband went in the post office with the window cracked and no A/C just to feel what it was like in when the temperature was in the mid-80s. It took him 10 minutes and by the time he came out, I was pouring sweat, my face felt like it was in an oven, and I needed water. I can't even fathom when the weather is in the 90s or over 100. Everyone who leaves a baby or a dog in the car like that should be made to sit in the car in the same conditions as the creature in their care and see how much they like it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online