Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GGGRRRRR.... Do not leave your dog in the car when its 102 outside!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Pan Cake
    Likes (Received)

Angry GGGRRRRR.... Do not leave your dog in the car when its 102 outside!

Okay, I love taking Pan everywhere with me! He loves car rides and I love loading him up for our next adventure.

However, today is was 102 degrees outside according to my gauge in my truck. So Pan was not allowed to leave the house, except to go potty.

Well we went to a poker run today, and I was asked to run to the store to pick up some water. When I pulled into the parking spot I noticed that there was a little dog in the car next to me. They left one window cracked, and this poor baby was trying to get his nose out of the crack, he was panting heavily, and looked miserable.

I was parked next to him for about five minutes, waiting for the owner to reappear. After that I took down their plate number and walked into the store to have them paged. I waited there for a few minutes and headed back to call the police and the humane society - and to break that window!

Well, I walked out and the people were at their car... I walk up giving them the look of death and shaking my head. She knew she was in trouble. I started with you do realize that its 100 degrees outside and that poor baby was trying to get his nose out of the crack in the one window you left down for him. He was panting heavily and looked like he was in distress. Her response, we only thought we were running in and out. As soon as I heard the page I came out.

I told her she almost came out to a broken car window. She was like, I looked for a shady spot... Hello, it doesn't matter! You left your baby in the car, he could have died, it only takes minutes for the temperatures in your car to become deadly.

I got the I'll never do it again (yeah right) and left fuming! People are so stupid. Let's see how long she could have sat in that car in those conditions!
    If you can’t adopt – foster.
    If you can’t foster – sponsor.
    If you can’t sponsor – volunteer.
    If you can’t volunteer – donate.
    If you can’t donate – educate, network, and crosspost.
    EVERYONE can do something large or small, to help save a life.

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Ashley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruin & Lilly
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: GGGRRRRR.... Do not leave your dog in the car when its 102 outside!

Aaaarrrgggh that makes me so angry. I'm kind of surprised that she was so 'admitting and apologetic' about it. Usually stupid people think they've done nothing wrong and would say F U to the concerned person. I really wish pet 'owners' were held more responsible. If that was a human baby in the car she would have had dss called on her and she would be investigated. I find it hard not to hit people sometimes and i calm myself by saying 'i do not want to go to jail, i do not want to go to jail'
    "The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

oh this just makes me mad. i would love to take sarah with me to the store here in the small place he lives in but its to hot. she gives me the look of death when i leave without her but there no way i would chance it. i dont know whats wrong with people. im glad there are people like you who hold these peeps acountable for their stupidity.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

That is right close to the top of my 10 most hated things. Good for you for saying something to her!

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

The nerve of people! There is no way I could sit in a car in 80degree weather with the window cracked a little nevermind an animal! I bring Brutus with me everywhere I go but never on really hot days and if he does come so does hubby so someone can stay in the car with the a/c blasting
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Good for you for saying something! People are so dumb sometimes!!
    Princess, Diva, and Gio <3

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

.... i freakin hate people with that level of ignorance
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

I saw this on FB and thought I would share here. People can be so stupid and heartless.

Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Ok, I am preaching to the choir, but for goodness sakes! When you bring a pet home, you are responsible for their life, comfort, health, happiness, everything! You have to make sure that they get EVERYTHING they need. Kind of like a baby! What kind of moron does something like that! It really shows their character.

I reported someone to the police last summer and let me tell you, if policeman hadn't been around the corner, I would have broken that window for sure. My daughters were just having hissy fits crying and looking at that poor dog. Pretty sad when a 6 year old knows better!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

It's amazing that this is still happening! People are also leaving their dogs out side shops and when they get stolen they cry how did this happen???? Arrggh, and who really suffers! I never ever leave Usko alone anywhere else than his own home. And to tell you the truth even that pains me....
    -dogs_cars-jpg

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RiiSi View Post
    It's amazing that this is still happening! People are also leaving their dogs out side shops and when they get stolen they cry how did this happen???? Arrggh, and who really suffers! I never ever leave Usko alone anywhere else than his own home. And to tell you the truth even that pains me....
    -dogs_cars-jpg
    A member here shared that very graphic which I promptly turned into fliers that I keep in my truck.
    I have added the line on the bottom of the graphic. It says this:

"I called the cops too, by the way. You @*&(^ Moron." (The swear word is spelled out by the way. And if I ever see this I shall INDEED call the cops)

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vicaroo1000 View Post
    A member here shared that very graphic which I promptly turned into fliers that I keep in my truck.
    I have added the line on the bottom of the graphic. It says this:

"I called the cops too, by the way. You @*&(^ Moron." (The swear word is spelled out by the way. And if I ever see this I shall INDEED call the cops)
    That is a GREAT idea. I will have to steal it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads