GGGRRRRR.... Do not leave your dog in the car when its 102 outside!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Yes, thank you so much for taking action when you observed what was going on with this poor dog!

I just heard this morning that a veterinarian here in California was arrested b/c he also left his dog in his car, in the heat. The dog had a seizure and died when the police came to break the door open and try to save him. This was in Palm Desert, CA where temps can get well over 100 degrees on any given day! And this owner was a veterinarian!!!

This is what CA law says about such animal cruelty:

State law prohibits anyone from leaving an animal in an unattended vehicle if it endangers their health or well-being. The law carries a penalty of up to six months in jail, up to $500 in fines or both if the animal is injured or dies.

OP
PeterPanAndWendy

PeterPanAndWendy

Jul 27, 2011
Lindsey, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pan Cake
Yes, thank you so much for taking action when you observed what was going on with this poor dog!

I just heard this morning that a veterinarian here in California was arrested b/c he also left his dog in his car, in the heat. The dog had a seizure and died when the police came to break the door open and try to save him. This was in Palm Desert, CA where temps can get well over 100 degrees on any given day! And this owner was a veterinarian!!!

This is what CA law says about such animal cruelty:

State law prohibits anyone from leaving an animal in an unattended vehicle if it endangers their health or well-being. The law carries a penalty of up to six months in jail, up to $500 in fines or both if the animal is injured or dies.

More states need to have these kinds of laws! I really was outraged when I saw that poor baby. When I climbed back in the truck my daughter was like "I think she was scared mom. You looked so mean!" Heck yeah I looked mean - I was coming out to put my tire jack through her window! Even now I get angry! :bitching:

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
The really terrible part is that, yes it's already reached that temp outside...but most times the interior of the car gets hotter than the outside. So the temps are soaring the longer the car sits :(

Kassie

May 15, 2012
Alabama
Bulldog(s) Names
Rufus McGee
I don't know the law in Bama....&its common to see :( Or they leave the car running!? I'd be afraid of the car being knocked out of gear

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.