Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GGGRRRRR.... Do not leave your dog in the car when its 102 outside!

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: GGGRRRRR.... Do not leave your dog in the car when its 102 outside!

People really don't get it do they!! Thanks gawd you where there, you saved his life!!!
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Bulldog(s) Names
    Athena and Ty
    Likes (Received)

Bless you, you probably saved that poor puppies life! People like that should not own dogs. My dogs love to go bye bye, but we haven't taken them any where in months due to the heat around here. Of course they think they are being punished, but I've already had Athena in for heat stroke just from taking her outside. It angers me that people are so stupid!

BullyWood Movie Star I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Erin
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

Thank you for helping that poor thing. I just don't understand the stupidity of people. The other day we were running errands (without Frank because it was mid-80s and he would rather snooze at home in front of the A/C vent anyway) and I decided to sit in the car while the husband went in the post office with the window cracked and no A/C just to feel what it was like in when the temperature was in the mid-80s. It took him 10 minutes and by the time he came out, I was pouring sweat, my face felt like it was in an oven, and I needed water. I can't even fathom when the weather is in the 90s or over 100. Everyone who leaves a baby or a dog in the car like that should be made to sit in the car in the same conditions as the creature in their care and see how much they like it.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Yes, thank you so much for taking action when you observed what was going on with this poor dog!

I just heard this morning that a veterinarian here in California was arrested b/c he also left his dog in his car, in the heat. The dog had a seizure and died when the police came to break the door open and try to save him. This was in Palm Desert, CA where temps can get well over 100 degrees on any given day! And this owner was a veterinarian!!!

This is what CA law says about such animal cruelty:

State law prohibits anyone from leaving an animal in an unattended vehicle if it endangers their health or well-being. The law carries a penalty of up to six months in jail, up to $500 in fines or both if the animal is injured or dies.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Pan Cake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    Yes, thank you so much for taking action when you observed what was going on with this poor dog!

I just heard this morning that a veterinarian here in California was arrested b/c he also left his dog in his car, in the heat. The dog had a seizure and died when the police came to break the door open and try to save him. This was in Palm Desert, CA where temps can get well over 100 degrees on any given day! And this owner was a veterinarian!!!

This is what CA law says about such animal cruelty:

State law prohibits anyone from leaving an animal in an unattended vehicle if it endangers their health or well-being. The law carries a penalty of up to six months in jail, up to $500 in fines or both if the animal is injured or dies.

More states need to have these kinds of laws! I really was outraged when I saw that poor baby. When I climbed back in the truck my daughter was like "I think she was scared mom. You looked so mean!" Heck yeah I looked mean - I was coming out to put my tire jack through her window! Even now I get angry!
    If you canít adopt Ė foster.
    If you canít foster Ė sponsor.
    If you canít sponsor Ė volunteer.
    If you canít volunteer Ė donate.
    If you canít donate Ė educate, network, and crosspost.
    EVERYONE can do something large or small, to help save a life.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

The really terrible part is that, yes it's already reached that temp outside...but most times the interior of the car gets hotter than the outside. So the temps are soaring the longer the car sits

Real Name
    Kassie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rufus McGee
    Likes (Received)

I don't know the law in Bama....&its common to see Or they leave the car running!? I'd be afraid of the car being knocked out of gear
    "You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats animals"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads