Preparing you bully for a housemate

PeterPanAndWendy

Jul 27, 2011
Lindsey, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pan Cake
We are currently looking to rescue another bully. We want Pan to have a playmate and, well, we want another baby.

Our only concern is getting Pan ready to share his home.

He's normally really good around other dogs. The only problem he's ever had is when I took him to my cousin's house and her husband started walking toward me and Pan went into protective mode, which caused their dog to do the same. But when we take our walks he is friendly with all the other dogs. Pan is very much a live let live kind of bully.

But there have never been any other dogs at our house.

Pan has always been the center of attention and is spoiled rotten.

None of our friends have dogs (or dogs that I would allow in my house or are to aggressive).

So I'm looking for ideas to see if rescuing is even an option. What's the best way to make the transition?

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Maybe when your cousin's husband was walking towards you, he had stuff on his mind that was upsetting him and Pan could feel the "bad" energy....It sounds like he reacted to the human and not their dog. Imo, I don't think there's really any sure fire way to get him ready for another dog. Unless you had someone with a dog come over for a little while everyday. Maybe try fostering a dog at first...that way if Pan really doesn't like having another dog there at least you know the foster will be placed in a forever home eventually.

OP
PeterPanAndWendy

PeterPanAndWendy

Jul 27, 2011
Lindsey, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pan Cake
I've submitted my application to foster :yes:

Just in the waiting stages (if you need a foster in Ohio I'm your girl!)

Pan is protective of me around strange men. He doesn't want them anywhere near me (It's a trait that Pete loves about him :)). So when he walked in my direction Pan wanted him to go away, which made their dog go into protective mode too. They were fine with each other before then...lol.

Thanks for the advise!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online